03-04-2023 11:57 AM
I realize this post will go nowhere since BB is dropping this forum in a couple of weeks in a move that I assume is just a continuation of their efforts to make information less accessible and to keep customer concerns from being publically raised. However, to get this off my chest, I'm posting here anyway.
I've been a BB customer for over 30 years and during that time, my relationship has ebbed and flowed. As of today, though, I've asked to be removed from any further marketing emails. Why? Well, it's simply because BB will not allow me to tailor their promotional emails to products I'm interested in. Specifically, I'd like to exclude products and brands I don't care about or would never buy. Other companies are able to better filter marketing to products I will actually buy, but BB seems determined to force-feed what they want me to buy. I don't mind getting daily emails or anything else about their practice. It's only the fact that they are determined I will buy products that I have no interest in. I have at least a passing interest in 95% of the products sold by BB and there is a chance I'd buy them, However, marketing forces this other 5% that I'd never ever buy as their primary push.
I know this seems a trivial thing, but when you have a choice, I'd rather deal with companies that at least pretend they care. BB does not even pretend.
03-04-2023 01:25 PM - last edited on 03-13-2023 05:13 PM by Deysha-BBY
Thank you for reaching out to us on the Best Buy forums page today. Getting emails for product you would not buy can be frustrating. If you click here it will take you to the Privacy FAQs page where it will provide you with steps on how to unsubscribe to marketing emails. Also, I would love to document your feedback today into our corporate system today. To get started, can you please send me a private message with your full name, phone number, and email?
|Bryant|Social Media Specialist | Best Buy® Corporate|
As of March 20th, our Forums will no longer be available. For future support, you can reach out to us on Social Media or bestbuy.com/support