10-22-2020 11:06 PM
Today I tried to make an online purhase using my Best Buy Visa card. The card was declined. I started calling at 1PM to find out what the problem was. I have zero balance and it doesn't expire until 8/21. I was hung up on several times and was told to call back several times, also. I Finally talked to citi-bank who couldn't help me other than to say that the expiration date was wrong. I have been usig this card until now with no problem. I finally was told that I was sent a new card yesterday and that the card I currently have is no good. What? I have never heard of that. Usually when I am sent a new credit card, the old one is good until I receive the new one and activate it. I was told that if I go into the store they could look up my account and make my purchase that way. I am 72 years old with heart failure. Going into the store with Covid-19 is not at the top of the list of things I want to do. I am seriously considering sending the new credit card back when it comes. I could use a different card, but that is not the issue. The issue is poor customer servce.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-23-2020 08:59 PM
I know that Citibank controls the card. I just needed to vent, and this was where I found to do that. I was indeed annoyed at Citi. Talking to them was not helping. I guess this wasn't the best place to say what I had to say. I am not done with Citibank, yet. They will hear from me, too, now that I am calmer.
10-25-2020 01:38 AM
Same here! What is going on?????????????????????????
Evidently they are mass sending out new cards and yes this is a BB issue!!!!!
So what happens to all our linked special offers from BB??????????????????
What happens to our points???????????????????
It would have been proper to sent a text to everyone that your card in closed and being reissued.
Site and customer service is down untl maybe later!!!! maybe.
Was there a breach???????????????
BTW/ something was not right with the linked BB site as it had a zero balance but my credut limit was $400 below my max.
This needs to be explained ASAP as it is a BB security issue and not just Citi.
10-25-2020 02:44 AM
Let me count the ways this is an issue for BB:
1. Only CC promoted and linked to our BB accounts
2. Exclusibe BB points and rewards which have expiration dates linked to our CC number and offer.
3. Can't get this exact card without a BB member number
4. Promotions heavily advertised at BB
We, as customers, need the final answer to what is going on. Recording saying no one is here call back after 6 and maybe we will be here and oh your cards will be there by the 29th. Maybe! No information that the old cards were cancelled and no notice of anykind. Very bad!
Curious if the original poster had any other cards replaced recently???????
10-25-2020 09:26 AM
So after a very long phone call with My BB credit card by Citi, this is what may have happended.
1. Someone requested the cards be issued and they have no way of telling who did it
2. Old cards are dead and your account is locked from most activities until you get a new card.
3. New ones will work once you get them (if you get them). It will be important to track these as close as you can and request expidited if you do not have them yet. Free expidited if you did not request the cards.
4. I verified my address and phone number to be sure where they were going/maybe
Bad news part:
1. You may need to try and relink your bonus points offers/ at least 4 active for me
2. The Bonus offers for spending are linked to your original card so it will be hard to tell if they transfered over . Also you may need to get new bonus offers with your new card. No one knows for sure. But in theory it all transfers over.
3. There has been a long running scam that is rare but happens. Someone at the post office intercepts your mail or someone forwards your mail to another address. If that is the case you will need to call the PO and police immediately.
4. I have no idea how or why this happened and the fact that one other person on this thread had the same exact issue rules out sleep walking, drunk, or fat fingering online.
How this applies to the part of the forum, are all the holiday the bonus deals from BB.
Recommendations to be safe:
Unlink your new card sign in from the BB site. Have two new unique passwords for both BB and your BB Credit card by Citi.
Do not store you card number anywhere but manual type it in for each use.
10-25-2020 09:55 AM
10-25-2020 11:59 PM
I haven't recently had a card replacedl I have never had a cedit card replaced without warning. Usuay it has been when the old card expires. My BB Visa was not due to expire until 8/21. Interestingly, I have a Costco card that is also Citi Bank. They have never cancelled my card before I got the new one. They also let me know when my new card was being mailed. This situation is very odd. Not sure that I want to continue having a BB card. They may not have control over their credit cards, but they should know what is going on with a card that has their name on it. They owe their customers better service than this,