Add Product

Search Results:

Customer Service Issues

I recently purchased a Home Theater System that was open-box, but rated "excellent" condition - which means it should come with all original accessories (remote, microphone, speaker wire, manual, etc.).  Mine was shipped to my house, but contained none of the accessories, which rendered the unit unusable. 

I waited 2 hours on the phone to speak to a customer service agent, who told me that I would have to take the unit back to the store and swap it.  However, none of the local stores were open due to COVID-19. 

I waited 2 more hours to speak to another person, who then told me that none of my local stores are open or taking appointments, so I would have to call "primary support". 

I then waited another 2 hours on the phone to talk to primary support.  That person told me that since the item should have contained the items, and returning to the store was not a option, they would ship me out a new replacement unit, and that I should ship back the one that I had received.  They emailed me a UPS Return Shipping label, which I needed to print out and take with the unit to the UPS store.  I was also told that the replacement unit would arrive on June 16th. 

Well, June 16th came and went (after waiting almost 3 weeks), with nothing arriving at my house.  So, I waited another 2 hours to get someone on the phone, who proceeded to tell me that nothing was shipped out to me, and that I needed to take the unit back to the store to exchange. After explaining AGAIN that I was told to return the unit via UPS, and no longer had the unit in my possession, they put me on hold for over 30 minutes.  Then, the phone call was simply hung up on.  I called back and waited another 2 hours to speak to someone, who told me that the first person I spoke to had no authority to ship a unit to me.  They said that a re-ship request would need to be submitted and approved, and that I would get an email within 24 hours leting me know the status.

Well, 24 hours passed and no email was received.  I feel like the customer service people are just constantly giving me the runaround, and never solving my issue.  They make promises and do not follow through.  I am now without any unit, with no new unit on the way, and my credit card was still charged for the item - competely angering and frustrating.  I really have no more time to sit and wait on the phone for hours to talk to different people who seem to get me nowhere.  You really need to improve either your customer service processes, or your training of customer service agents.

BestBuy.com sold me used defective phone as new

[ Edited ]

I recently upgraded my cheap phone with a better cheap phone (LG Stylo 5+). I have AT&T, and it was sold to me as new. However, it became obvious it wasn't new when I opened up the box and saw scuffs, oily fingerprints, and debris all over the front and back plastic protective phone wrap. It was even on the inside. Then I pliugged it in to charge it, and after pressing the side button to see how much charge, a round wavy ring appeared that said ERASING. Then the phone repeatedly started turning off and on. I gave it a few seconds until I just had to shut it off. It took several tries as it was buggin out. I never powered it on to begin with. This was an obvious return with issues that hadn't been refurbished out. That being said, I purchased a new phone and needed it pretty quickly as my current one is giving out. Now how much longer must I wait to correct this? My phone number is {removed per forum guidelines}. It was a online order that had to be shipped to the store as no one has these in stock. I picked it up at the San Antonio Alamo Ranch store.

Activation Locked Open-Box Excellent Macbook Pro

Hi,

I purchased an Open-Box Excellent Macbook Pro (Model:MWP42LL/A) a week ago on Bestbuy.com during the Apple sale (when the New price for the laptop was discounted from $1,799 to $1,599). It arrived a couple days ago (by that time the sale had ended and the price was back to $1,799). When I took it out of the box and turned it on a screen popped up saying "Activation Lock: This Mac is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the Apple ID and password that was rpeviously used with this Mac". In addition, the laptop itself was extremely dirty with circular stains on the top from where someone had aparently placed a dirty glass (aparently for a long time).

While I was not impressed by the condition of the Laptop, the major issue was that it was Activation Locked to the previous owner, rending it completely unusable to me. This seems like a pretty big mistake from Bestbuy.

I reached out to Bestbuy - 

Day 1 of trying to resolve this:

-Level 1 support agent heard me out and told me to contact my local Best Buy store. The store will take care of me.

-I then spoke with the store, who told me that because I had bought the item online, I had to deal with Bestbuy.com support and not go through the store. All the store could do is return the item for me. However, since I purchased the item when it was on sale ($200 off), and that sale was no longer running, I would have to pay roughly $200 additional to buy the same laptop. They said if I had bought the laptop in store from them, they could have done something, but since I bought it online, they couldnt do anything. In conclusion, he told me to reach back out to the Bestbuy.com support people.

Day 2 of trying to resolve this:

- I reached back out to Bestbuy.com support. Level 1 support agent listened to me and then told me she needed to transfer me to after sales support. She transferred me to another agent.

-The second agent listened to me, and then told me I was connected to Mobile Phone support and he had no clue what I was talking about. This agent then transferred me to another agent.

- The 3rd agent told me I should return the laptop and then buy another one. However, by now the Sale had ended and the new price for the Laptop was $1,799 ($200 higher) which also meant that the Open box items were roughly $200 higher as well. So, in practice he was telling me to (1) return the laptop, and (2) purchase another version of the same laptop for $200 additional cost. I said this cannot be the case as its Bestbuy's fault, and a fairly large screw up on their part. He said there is nothing they can do. I pushed, and he transferred me to his Supervisor (after waiting a long time). Long story short, the supervisor was not helpful either.

So - after purchasing an Open Box Excellent Macbook Pro from Bestbuy, I received a completely unusable activation locked device, in pretty filthy condition. After raising this to Bestbuy, I was passed from online support to in store support, back to online support, and then to many different agents. None of them offered me a solution that that would allow me to receive a laptop of at least "excellent" condition without paying over $200 more money (as the sale had ended).

My Questions:

1) Has anyone else received an Activation Locked open box item from Best Buy? They should have quality controls to make sure that cannot happen.

2) Anyone have any suggestions about how I can get them to replace this item without costing me an additional $200+?

3) Is BestBuy support always so unhelpful!? 

I'm extremely disappointed with Bestbuy for selling me an unusable item, and for dealing with it so poorly when I raised it to their attention.

Missing power cord from a new box PC picked up today

So I ordered a gaming PC from best buy online. This item was new, so you would think it wasn't missing parts, but behold, I was missing my power cord.. I have tried calling customer support, both the 1-888 number and my local stores, and no one is picking up. I tried the customer support online, and again I get nothing. I have been milti tasking trying to get someone on a line to help me with this issue and I can't even get someone to pick up a line let alone anytthing else. 

I understand we have the whole virus thing going around but this is unacceptable. When I spend 2600 bucks I expect to recieve the whole thing, or at least someone to pick up the phone when I need to report a missing piece of it.

UNACCEPTABLE.. this experiance has made me wonder if I will ever shop bestbuy again.

Wrongfully Received Used/Open Box Item

I ordered a kettle a few days ago. It was supposed to be a new item. The box was slightly open, but I wasn't bothered until I saw that the manual had already been opened and that parts of the product were dusty. What can I do about this? I'm okay with using the product as long as it's not broken (haven't taken it out of its packing yet), but I'd like to receive compensation if possible. Otherwise, I'll need to go for a return.

Re: Wrongfully Received Used/Open Box Item

Still looking for help on this matter. Is there anyone I can contact for this?

ASUS Zephyrus G14

I bought this laptop from you open box -excellent and the battery is dead and laptop turns off as soon as I unplug the power cord. I would hardly define that as “excellent” extremely disappointed.

Missing part

Ordered an iOttie charging dash and windshield mount. Only the base came in the box. The actual phone holder part is missing.

Geek Squad Certified

Hi,
I received my refurbished Powerbeats pro in the mail. I was disgusted to open my package and see that there was earwax on the earbuds of the headphones. Clearly they have not been geek squad certified. After Cleaning them off and plugging them in, I then found that they don’t even work. I am extremely disappointed in Best Buy’s services and quite frankly disgusted that I just received a random person’s earwax in the mail. Please let me know how you plan to fix this and how this will not inconvenience me even more.

Thank you.

Worst Customer Experience To Date

I was looking for a particular soundbar to add to my TV. Since it had just been discontinued, I was searching their open box buys category. My local Best Buy did not have one, but there was one ~60 miles away at the Lewisville store advertised as excellent condition with all the accessories. OK, I’m up for a drive. I proceeded to purchase it online and drove down there.

An hour and a half later I arrived at the store, I go to the order pickup desk, gave them the order information, and they hand me a sub-woofer and the sound bar. No remote and no AC adapter. I pointed out to them that it was advertised as including all the accessories. The girl goes out back, and after a while hands me a remote and an AC adapter.

I get home, set up everything, and the soundbar will not even turn on. I changed the batteries in the remote, still no luck. I break out my Fluke voltmeter and measure the voltage coming out of the AC adapter and it reads a steady 19VDC. The soundbar requires 24VDC. I download the manual, and it shows a completely different AC adapter. The one I was given was for a monitor.

I call the store back, and the girl that answers was apologetic. She asks for the order number; I even gave her the part number for the correct AC adapter. She assures me they have some in stock and to just bring them the wrong AC adapter and they will give me the correct one. I tell her that it is going to be a three-hour drive and I asked her to verify they have it in stock. She assures me they do.

I show up at the store the next day, go to the customer service desk as instructed. I brought a printout of the order and a printout of the manual showing the correct AC adapter. The girl goes away for a while presumably to find the correct one. She comes back and tells me they do not have any AND I will need to order one. I ask for a manager. A young man shows up and tells me that I will need to order one. I'm not sure why it is MY responsibility to order one when the failure was due to the store. And he proceeds to argue with me whether or not the one I was supplied is the correct one. Apparently he cannot read pictures in the manual nor understand the difference in voltage. He says they can compensate me for having to order one off from Amazon, but they will not do anything about the 6+ hours of time and money they have cost me due to their gross incompetence. 

At this point I probably will not be doing business with Best Buy again.