Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Best Buy/Google Pixel 3 Repair Issue

Let me start by saying I am an extremely respectful person.  I work in customer service myself for another company, and am absolutely appreciative of everything everyone in these roles do.

This being said - the situation I am in right now is one where I have never felt less supported in my life.

The short version is that I am having an issue with the bottom speaker of my Pixel 3 that I purchased from Best Buy.  Reddit users are commenting that this is a known hardware defect.  I went through Google Chat support, where they did multiple diagnostics, and stated that indeed, this is a hardware issue, and that it is covered under warranty.  However, since I purchased it from Best Buy, I would need to work with them.  I have the e-mail from them stating as such.

So I went to my local Best Buy this evening and the Geek Squad Manager looked up my information and told me that I would need to work with Google.  Now you must be seeing where this is getting troubling.

Both companies are stating that, yes, there is something wrong with the phone and yes, it is covered under warranty, but no, we aren't the company to take care of it, the other one is.

I have spoken to numerous Best Buy Support Representatives on Twitter, Facebook, and of course, in store.  They all seem to be hearing me that I am stuck between the two companies, but nobody is able to do anything about it.  I am an Elite Silver member (I also have been loyal to Google, purchasing 4 different Google phones - the Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Pixel, and Pixel 3 - sorry Google, the Pixel was so good, that I didn't need a Pixel 2).

I have spent hours of time being the middle man for two giant companies.  I am begging, pleading for someone to make a policy exception based on the obvious situation that I am in where neither company is willing to help.  I am not asking for the world, I'm just asking that someone fix my phone.

Would whoever is reading this consider elevating this issue, speaking to a supervisor, speaking to someone who understands what it's like to have both companies point at the other, leaving me stranded in the middle?  Is this so much to ask?  I very clearly understand both companies take on this, I am just asking that they understand what they have done to me.

Best Buy - I will do whatever is necessary to reach a compassionate representative who can reach outwards and upwards to help me resolve this problem.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Best Buy/Google Pixel 3 Repair Issue

Google is the manufacturer of the product. Best Buy is only the retailer. The device comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty. As Google is the manufacturer, they would be the responsible party for handling it. The only time Best Buy is specifically responsible is if a Geek Squad Protection Plan was purchased with the phone.

Best Buy representatives are giving you correct information in this instance. The party that should be taking care of you as the manufacturer is Google. The warranty is through them. This is why it is called the manufacturer’s warranty.
Highlighted

My issue is that both companies are saying the same thing. How do I fix?
Highlighted
Contributor

The problem as I stated isn’t Best Buy. It is Google. They are the issue here.