Add Product

Search Results:

Contributor
Accepted Solution

Wonder Years on DVD

Okay so I LOVE(d) "The Wonder Years" tv show, as I am sure others did too, it is so disappointing that this show has not come to DVD. I understand there are problem securing the licenses to the music used in the show (I guess?) but that is a real shame, such an amazing show.

One of my favorite parts was when Kevins father tells him to get a job and the narration in Kevins head starts "get a job"

Of course when I then heard Homer Simpson say that to Bart and the narration was identical in Barts head from the show it brought back such good memories and reminded me why The Simpsons is such a great show as well. Well used to be anyways last several seasons have been disappointing to say the least.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Topics: 367
Kudos: 19
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 267

Re: Wonder Years on DVD

GeraldRose -

I also loved that series and would really like to have my kiddos watch it.  You really never see it on repeats, at least not in Minnesota! 

I wanted to use the song at the beginning by Joe Cocker at my first wedding for the dance with all my friends.  I ended up going with Ronnie Milsap "I wouldn't have missed it for the world".

Let us know if you see it on DVD. 

Dorothy

Community Connector

Best Buy® Corporate

Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Contributor

@Dorothy-BBY wrote:

GeraldRose -

I also loved that series and would really like to have my kiddos watch it.  You really never see it on repeats, at least not in Minnesota! 

I wanted to use the song at the beginning by Joe Cocker at my first wedding for the dance with all my friends.  I ended up going with Ronnie Milsap "I wouldn't have missed it for the world".

Let us know if you see it on DVD. 

Dorothy

Community Connector

Best Buy® Corporate

I wish it were on DVD, but don't think we will see it anytime soon. :-(

Unfortunately accoring to wikipedia.com we may not see it at all

"DVD releases

Unlike most long-running popular American TV sitcoms, The Wonder Years has still not yet been released on DVD as official season box sets due to the cost of securing the music rights.[4] Because of this, The Wonder Years routinely appears high on the list of TV shows in-demand for a DVD release. Unofficially, The Wonder Years has so far only been released as two official 'best-of' DVD sets, without the original music. They are the following:

• The Best of The Wonder Years - 1 Disc
  • The Christmas Wonder Years - 1 Disc

Both sets are now quite rare and exceptionally expensive."

It's a shame such a good show.

I hope that the tv station TVLAND picks it up, it used to be on Nick-at-Nite 7-8 years ago but nothing since then.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This show may see the light of day eventually, however its hard to justify the money that certain labels wanted vs unknown sales. I know WB secured licensing for Happy Days for example, only to be cursed with horrible first season sales. Thats one of the biggest drawbacks. I found it awhile back on the auction giant however it wasnt legit

I hear they want 5 million dollars for the music rights, FYI

I actually bought a VHS/cd set of Wonder Years a while back.

Its a great set that includes 1 Christmas episode and a 70 minutebest of VHS. It also has a cd which includes the Joe Cocker classic as well as other songs from the series. Muddy Waters,Chuck Berry, Donovan, Etc. I never opened it though. I might actually have to hunt this down in my storage of Disney VHS tapes. Great show though

I really hope that this comes to DVD sometime. What I would be curious about is if they would screw the opening song like they did with Married with Children DVD. I hope they can get the rights to it again.

I dont think it is made from the actual company but, imissmytvshow.com has it. All the episodes for 30$. It also has many other shows that are awesome, ie Doug.