Add Product

Search Results:

Upgrade and Save + Manufacturer Coupons

I have manufacturer's coupons for The Descendants, When Harry Met Sally, and a Universal code for $3 off a 100th Anniversary Blu-Ray.  I've heard numerous people getting these to work with the Upgrade and Save program, but when I went in to use the When Harry Met Sally one with Upgrade and Save, I was denied.

Which one is the right call?  And if you can use both, how do I get them to use both?

Contributor

Re: Upgrade and Save + Manufacturer Coupons

I believe you should be in the right. Those Manufacture coupons are considered Cash payment according to the BBy's site. If it's a 3 dollars off coupon, the company considers it as a 3 dollar bill you're giving them. You should be able to use it for any offer as long as you're not stacking the same coupon over and over.

That's what I thought, but how do I get them to honor it?
Contributor

Only way I can see is if you show them that it clearly says it is considered as Cash Payment. Talk to a Manager when you do it. If they still refuse, call Best Buy hotline or whatever. Sorry, don't know the number. Call whatever Corp that deals with questions. Tell them your situation and have them clarify. They should be able to tell you that you should be in the right. Then have them call up the store you were at and they can tell them to honor it. Only methods I can suggest. I did this twice and it worked.

I also was denied just now on the WHMS coupon.   They said I could use one ( the MFR coupon) or the other ($5 UAS coupon.).   This is tiresome between this and the GCU membership.   Constant battles with my store.   I am about ready to just stop shopping at BBY altogether.   Most of what I do get there are the deals with coupons and everything is a battle.

The problem here is the verbiage on the Upgrade & Save coupons that get created. I don't have mine as I redeemed it.

Yesterday I bought the Descendants (with $5 MFC coupon) and Billy Elliot Universal 100th version (with a $3 MFR coupon.  Although they scanned both coupons and tossed them where such things go, I noticed on the receiped that it didn't actually deduct  either coupon.   I had the cashier pull the coupons, I went to customer service, and they made the adjustment without question.   Therefore, I just assumed the cashier didn't know what they were doing.

Today was a different story.   The kid at the register said they couldn't use them without even scanning it.    He went to get one of the managers and we had the same discussion everyone else has mentioned.    She flat-out refused to allow me the $3 MFR coupon along with the $5 upgrade and save discount.   I stressed that a MFR coupon should be considered as legal tender and therefore is neither a discount nor 'another offer.'   It was to no avail and I lost my battle.

When I mentioned that I thought there are threads where BBY mods indicate this and I asked her if it would help if I printed that off and brought it in, she said the online people don't know what they are talking about.   Any of the others that have been through similar situations know the run-around we get.   The people you call toll-free @ BBY say the people in the store are 'improperly trained' or something similar..   There truly is no way to win.......lol.  

If anyone reads this that can help, I would appreciate my $3 (and tax......$3.21 total if that is how it works) back.

I talked to three people on the phone the past couple of days.  

One said I absolutely can use the two together and to call back the next day (it was late at night) before I went in and they would straighten it out with my store's employees.

The second said there was no record of the first one, but she didn't know but she'd check with her manager and send me an email in fifteen minutes later so I (A) wouldn't be on hold and (B) had proof if her superior said I was able to use both.

Three hours later I called back (emailess) and a different person said (pretty much) "No, you can't use it, but it's really up to the store manager whether or not to accept both."  They also said that there was no record of the first two conversations.

I have a feeling they're waiting to answer this question until the sale ends... 

painful process indeed..........please let me know if you get anything further.....I may try to waste two hours of my time tomorrow to argue over $3 as I apparently don't think my time is worth anything......to me it is always just the principle of the thing.......if it isn't supposed to work a certain way, I don't try to do it anyway........but it is just frustrating when some of them say it should work......but it doesn't.

I will post back if I get anywhere tomorrow

I just spoke to CR rep Denise & CR Supervisor Debby and what I gather is:

1)  Company policy is that MRF coupons may not be combined with special store offers.   They would work if merely on sale, but not with the Upgrade and Save or similar.

2) The MFR will not reimburse BBY for the item if they are selling it at a discount.

3) If I send in my receipt and the coupon that the MRF may honor it.  (not sure how what would work)

4) It is a store-by-store decision

5) CR will not override a store's decision on such policy

Many of these answers bring up more questions for me than answers though.  Does BBY really send in receipts with each coupon?  If not, how would the MFR know what price it was sold at?   If they won't give the money to BBY, why would the MFR send me the money?  I really just think it is poor practice to have such different practices among various stores.

In other words, any attempt to use a MRF coupon with any other special store offers  @ BBY is a huge YMMV at best.

It doesn't look like I will be getting my $3.21 back......lol.       About the only thing we can do is vote with our feet.

Contributor

For the people who called CSR, did you  guys push forward with questions? Hopefully somebody comes on today to set this up since i believe today is the last day for this promo. On their site for Payment Options it clearly states Vendor coupons is a form of cash payment. Them not accepting it is like not accepting cash. I still feel they should be able to accept this. I do understand that not everyone knows the same amount of info when it comes to people inside a company. I feel you guys should call again and question everything. Try and request to talk to any form of manager on duty. I had call years ago about this same issue and I was told this is totally accepted. I don't see it changing. I don't know.

Highlighted

Obviously I pushed forward with questions - hence all of the details in my prior post.  I was on the phone with them for 45 minutes.  We can't just keep calling back until we get the answers we want.  I asked her what company policy was.  I can't very well ask the CR supervisor to let me speak to her boss.    I called trying to get CR's position on what company policy was - not to get the answer I wanted.  lol@ you suggesting we call them back.  You also could spend your hour or two on the phone with them.   As far as I am concerned, the question was asked and answered from my standpoint.   That is good enough for me.   I am all for anyone else trying to get the best deal they can, and even in favor of others calling to inquire/complain about the situation, but in theory I believe no store is required to take coupons to begin with.   It may not be good policy but it is the right of the store in the end.   The real problem here is how seemingly arbitrary it all is.

After you fight with them on the phone for 2 hours, let me know what you find out..

P.S.  If any mods want to try to help me get my $3.21 back from my WHMS coupon, I stand ready to give you all the details I have given everyone else today on the phone.