Add Product

Search Results:

Valued Member

Took my kids movie and made them cry - Upgrade & Save Promo

Went to one of my local BB stores to pick up a buy online / pick up in store item and to trade in my kids DVD so we could get the Blu-ray.  My kids were excited because we were going to trade in their Madagascar 2 DVD and do a Madagascar marathon before going to watch the new one this weekend.  Traded in their DVD and went to go and find the Blu-ray version.  I was told by the customer service gal that I didn't really need the receipt and she almost forgot to give it to me when I traded in the movie.  The store we were at did not have the Blu-ray in stock.  I threw away the receipt on the way out of the first BB store when they did not have the movie my kids and I were looking for.  Two days later I went to another local BB store that I knew had the movie and they would not honor the $5 coupon because I did not have the receipt.  My 4 and 5 year old kids are really upset because of this now as they knew I was going to go get the movie and I had to tell them it is gone.

I know the amount is petty but I am sorry, you upset my kids and that is unacceptable!  It isn't even my fault.  I even went to Twitter to voice my issue and you asked me to email you with more details.  I did as you asked yesterday afternoon and you never responded.  I replied back to you again this morning and still nothing.  Not even a generic response.  So as you can see I am making one last plea for assistance here.  I am not asking for a free movie or anything I simply want you to honor the $5 coupon which I was given for giving you our DVD.  Thank you.

Topics: 1
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 17

Re: Took my kids movie and made them cry - Upgrade & Save Promo

Hi Jayman28-

I'm sorry your experience was less than pleasent and I can only imagine how you felt.  The store should be able to print you a new copy of your receipt in order to take advantage of the Upgrade and Save promotion.  I would encourage you to work with them on printing the receipt and correcting the transaction.

Respectfully,

Jesse|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Valued Member

Took a little work but I got the CP store to reprint me a new receipt.  I would like to thank the patient and cooperative customer service assiciate that helped my daughter and I out on Sunday morning.

Valued Member

Glad your situation was resolved. I have been using the DVD trade ins and so far so good. I did cry myself once when they did not have dawn of the dead on blu ray Smiley Happy