Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Topics: 130
Kudos: 18
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 279

The Secret Life of Bees

I have wanted to see this movie since I saw Jennifer Hudson perform at our WoLF (Women in Leadership Forum) event in Boston last August.  I recently got the opportunity to watch it on HD PPV with my daughters, and I thought it was delightful. 

With a star-studded cast such as Alicia Keyes, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, Dakota Fanning and Paul Bettany, you can imagine what a pleaser this movie is. I personally love anything Queen Latifah is in!

Set it the 60's, it centers around a 14-year-old girl named Lily, played by Dakota Fanning, and the troubles she encounters while living with her abusive father and her search for answers about her mother.  It also deals with some issues of race, the civil rights movement, and discrimination that was prevelant in the past.   The movie revolves around a story line of self discovery and is sure to please if you like movies charged with emotion.  It made me cry and laugh, and cry some more.  My three daughters also enjoyed it.

Check it out!

Dorothy

Community Connector

Best Buy® Corporate

Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!