Add Product

Search Results:

Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Schindlers List

If you have not watched this movie. Do it. Now.

Everyone(hopefully) knows the story of the Holocaust, but this movie hits home so many times, you often wonder if it's actual footage.

In any event, I will not spoil the story, or the ending, but I will leave you with one bit of advice; don't watch it in one sitting. At 3.25 hours it's a monster attack on your emotions and will really drain you.

There's really not much more to say about it, other than don't save it for a date night Smiley Tongue

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Topics: 367
Kudos: 19
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 267

Re: Schindlers List

I have to agree with you that this is a tremendously moving movie.  I bought it last year to watch with my daughter, but we never got around to it before she moved to Florida.  I had seen it years ago.

I will have to dig it out and have my hubby watch it though with my other two girls.

Good mention George!

Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Topics: 648
Kudos: 503
Solutions: 315

Now that I'm a little more awake, I think I'll tackle it a bit more.

There are many, MANY points in the movie where I almost had to turn it off, out of pure disgust for what I was watching. But. I left it on and as I mentioned, watched the entire movie in one sitting. I've been doing some digging on the story about Schindler, hoping, in a morbid sense, to find that the movie somehow was purely taking advantage of the Holocaust story.Other than a few minor liberties that must be taken when making a movie out of a multi year story, there really weren't any liberties taken that I could find.

I will spoil a bit and advise you to pay close attention to the use of "color" in the movie. The main story of the movie is shot almost entirely in black and white, color being used to make an exacting turning point in Schindlers feelings towards "his" Jews.

There are a few atoricites portrayed in the movie that I was not even aware of, such as making the Jews in the camps dig up the bodies of those who had already been killed so they could be incinierated. Then there is the gas chamber(s). Anyone with Holocaust knowledge knows of them, but to actually "be" with the prisoners as they're being forced into one of them..... if it doesn't shake you, I believe there's something wrong with you.

Like I said, I scoured the web for a bit and found a LOT of criticism about Spielberg regarding the film. Many said he was simply doing it because no one had "milked" the Holocaust teet in the movie world, others that he took too many liberties(which prompted my searching), yet others ignorantly calling out the Holocaust to be a lie to begin with.

I can't say I agree with the first two, obviously not the third. Is this a eye sobbing story? Yes. Do I feel that Steven took any undue liberties in his portrayal of it? No.

Do I feel that everyone should watch it at least once? Yes.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Valued Contributor

We saw it when it first came out. Bought it on DVD and was given it as a gift on VHS. I have watched it 3 times and watch it uninterrupted each time. It will drain you and a few hours after the movie I get my emotions back to normal and then sleep well. .It is a very truthful and well done movie. It is like a weeks worth of final exams in 3.5 hours. You will be mentally drained for sure.