Add Product

Search Results:

[SUGGESTION] - SteelBook Limited Edition Pre-Orders

You may want to consider putting a reasonable limit on how many of these that a single address/account can pre-order. Scalpers are scooping these up in multiple quantities and throwing them up on eBay for a profit.

They are fleecing your customers for cash, money that they could have used to buy something extra in your store.

I am pretty bummed that a movie I want, that is still a month away from release, is going for twice as much on eBay from what it was originally on the BestBuy website.

Emerging Expert

Re: [SUGGESTION] - SteelBook Limited Edition Pre-Orders

Oh this has incredibly frustrated me for years.  It goes on in many industries.  It especially angers me with concert tickets. 

However, putting a policy in place may no do a lot of good.  The people that do this would just create multiple accounts and or get others to buy for them as well. 

Truthfully a lot of the blame can also reside with the people who buy these things from the sellers.  They see an easy source of income and the people that buy from them keep reaffirming it. 

Remember when PS3 came out.  Sony didn't produce nearly enough to cover the market on release.  People were reselling them on eBay for a LOT more that cost.  And idiots were paying it.  I admit to guilt. I got a PS3 on release day.  But I had been on eBay the day before looking for something and I saw the bids people were doing on them.  So I listed my PS3 on eBay and sold it for $700. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

[ Edited ]

Funny thing is the people that put up one thing for sale, as in your case with the PS3, never bothered me. Especially since it is something that you can always get later at retail pricing. I realize that they may have other reasons for doing it. (Don't want it anymore, don't have time for it, saw an opportunity to get a free item, etc.) 

However, this is the kind of thing that bugs me to no end. 

{removed per forum guidelines}

27 copies, come on. That is overkill. Best Buy already released another batch from what I heard, so I assume that they will not be getting any more. I've seen cases where a pre-order also does not guarantee that you will get an item.

Perhaps limit it to 1 to 2 per physical address. It won't completely solve the problem but it will make it more difficult for these scalpers to get a hold of all of an item before other regular customers have had a chance to get one.

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Completly agree.

It was one of the reasons I believe Gamers Club limited people to 3 copies of a game.  Get a game for 20% off or $48 and resell it for $55 and make a quick $7 for almost no work.  Not to mention racking up the reward points.  Even better if they can get the $10 reward.  Quite often in the forums you used to see people complain about ONLY being able to get 3 copies of a single game.  Always gave me the feeling they are reselling.  

Part of the reason I am sure GCU went away.

I see your talking about Alita.  I don't buy lot of movies anymore but that is one I am getting.   Been a fan for awhile. 

I had not read the graphic novel a long time ago.  After the movie I started reading it again.  That was a hard read.  The details and events were really sketchy. I think they did a great job on the movie to make it understandable. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

I thought that maybe offer resellers their own portal and supply to buy from, but I just saw that Best Buy suspends accounts that are caught reselling.

I really hope Alita gets greenlit for a sequel and both Cameron and Rodriguez get to work on it again.

One of these days I will get around to reading those graphic novels, I picked up the box set by Kodansha a few months back, I have just been so busy with work and family lately.