Add Product

Search Results:

Contributor

Favorite Rock Groups?

So everyone has been asking what their favorite movie, and other things are so I will start a thread.

What is everyone's favorite rock group(s)

Doesn't have to be just one, and I guess we can try and keep it hard rock...sorry emo's

Let's get it going...

Godsmack

Staind

Tool

Rage Against the Machine

Cold

Breaking Benjamin

Seether

ShineDown

Alice and Chains

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Topics: 130
Kudos: 18
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 279

Re: Favorite Rock Groups?

Before I can answer this, I have to ask, do hair bands count?

Um... I think I just showed my age???

Dorothy

Lover of Bon Jovi

Community Connector

Best Buy® Corporate

Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Valued Contributor

Dorothy, I'm gonna answer for the author of this article and say, YES, hair bands do count. Who cares if you're showing your age?

Personally, I'm not that big a fan of rock music, but there are a few I like

Disturbed

Red

Bon Jovi (Yeah!)

and I can't think of any others at the moment....gah!

Dorothy-BBY wrote:

Before I can answer this, I have to ask, do hair bands count?

Um... I think I just showed my age???

Dorothy

Lover of Bon Jovi

Community Connector

Best Buy® Corporate

Hair bands................are..............IN

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Topics: 228
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 202

EVERY time I ride with my fiance in our Jeep, we listen to the same Audioslave cd (does that technically qualify as hard rock? or alternative?).  I must admit that I've become a pretty big fan of Chris Cornell, who I understand just came out with a more r&b/pop-sounding new album produced by Timbaland.  (anybody heard it yet?)

ROCK ON, GERALDROSE!

Elizabeth|Social Media Supervisor|Best Buy® Corporate
Regular Contributor

Which ones don't I like? I used to have a SS of my music folder. Pretty much every hard rock band of the 70s and 80s.
Contributor

Elizabeth-BBY wrote:

EVERY time I ride with my fiance in our Jeep, we listen to the same Audioslave cd (does that technically qualify as hard rock? or alternative?).  I must admit that I've become a pretty big fan of Chris Cornell, who I understand just came out with a more r&b/pop-sounding new album produced by Timbaland.  (anybody heard it yet?)

ROCK ON, GERALDROSE!

I love Audioslave. Almost the same as Rage Againat the Machine, but not as bad @$$. I have not heard his new solo though, and whether its hard rock or soft rock it's pretty much all good.

Sorry, mobileexpert, although you can include those 70's and 80's bands.....just not for me. Maybe I'm too young, or maybe I don't get the whole hair thing. But blah.

Topics: 73
Kudos: 34
Blog Posts: 10
Solutions: 114

I like Audioslave as a band minus Chris Cornell.  I like the studio versions of anything he has done.  The problem is that both times I have see him in concert his voice was awful.  Not sure if it was a coincidence but it was rather disappointing.

I don't give my final decision on a band until I see them live.  That's when I truly enjoy music.

Here are my top five:  (It is really hard to choose.)

1. Within Temptation
  2. Shinedown
  3. Papa Roach
  4. Submersed
  5. Sevendust
Jacob|Web Planner | Best Buy® Corporate
Contributor

Sevendust, has some great stuff,

I was ShineDown, with Rob Zombie, and GodSmack. They blew Zombie away, but GodSmack might put on one of the best shows out there, have seen them 5 times now. Hoping for more too.

Actually I was at a Best Buy once when Sully Erna (the lead singer of GodSmack) came into the Framingham MA location and bought a LCD for his "girlfriend". THey loaded the tv into his Escalade, which was of course equipped with tvs in the seats, of and a random 100 poker chip from Foxwoods.

Regular Contributor

Not necessarily only hair bands. Bands like Zeppelin, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden. You know, metal.