Add Product

Search Results:

Recognized Member

Farrah Fawcett - An Angel passes away

I felt it very unfair of most of the major media to cover the death of Michael Jackson to the degree that they have and yet Farrah's passing has received little to no coverage. Michael even had a thread on here first. I decided Farrah deserved one too.

Farrah Fawcett passed away after a long and difficult battle with cancer. My thoughts go out to her family during this difficult time.

*I am a BB employee but my opinions are my own.*
Valued Contributor

Re: Farrah Fawcett - An Angel passes away

ABC ran two specials last night, one for each of the stars, both an hour long. They did Michael Jackson first at 8PM (central time) and then Farrah Fawcett at 9PM (again, Central time). Both the specials did each star justice.

Although, I'm a little bit more sad to see Farrah loose her battle to cancer. She was so strong during the entire process, and I wish she would have made it. I had my own personal tribute to each of the stars. With Farrah, I watched a few episodes of the original Charlies Angels, and tried to hunt down her made for TV movie, "Burning Bed" (I think that was the title...can't remember now off the top of my head.)

With Michael Jackson, I watched the videos of my three favorite songs of his, "Beat It", "Thriller" and "Black or White".

@darthgonzo7 wrote:

I felt it very unfair of most of the major media to cover the death of Michael Jackson to the degree that they have and yet Farrah's passing has received little to no coverage. Michael even had a thread on here first. I decided Farrah deserved one too.

Farrah Fawcett passed away after a long and difficult battle with cancer. My thoughts go out to her family during this difficult time.

Man Indifferent

You must forgive me, darth, for not including Farrah Fawcett in that tragic day. Don't assume I wasn't thinking about her. She was a beautiful woman...inside and out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Recognized Member

No worries, Jim. My little rant wasn't really directed at you but more at mass media. They're treating MJ's death with 9/11 style coverage while Farrah is nothing more then a side-note. I agree with Miranda that each of them deserve to be remembered equally.
*I am a BB employee but my opinions are my own.*
Trusted Contributor

^^^^Agreed.

I had that day off...I was at home watching TV(in my underwearMan Very Happy). A good day turned out to be a total bummer after all that bad news.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclosure: Former BBY employee.
Topics: 367
Kudos: 19
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 267

Hey all -

I found this to be just such sad news.  I hope I get the opportunity to watch her documentary, that they replay it.  She fought a strong fight, but in the end the cancer just took her.

Much respect!

Dorothy

Community Connector

Best Buy® Corporate

Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!