Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Exclusive Bond Releases

Anybody know what's going on with the exclusive Bond Blu-rays that Best Buy was supposed to have today? Target, Walmart and Best Buy each got three of the unreleased 9 Blu-rays.

Target had theirs. Walmart had theirs.

Store employees don't know what I'm talking about. 1-888-BESTBUY had no idea what I was talking about. The discs aren't on the Best Buy website. Keep in mind, their sale and release date were CONFIRMED by Best Buy back in August.

I question the logic in purchasing the exclusive rights to sell something and then not selling it.

Re: Exclusive Bond Releases

Agreed. No one at 2 Best Buys knew anything about the releases. I know that Walmart has their releases, which have been out for at least a week now, and accordiing to several Bluray/DVD forums, Best Buy was to get their Bond titles on Oct. 2. The employee of the last BB I visited said he heard rumors of their release, but said there was nothing to confirm it. If I was MGM/Fox, I would seriously reconsider this strategy of limiting the releases to certain vendors for the sole purpose of driving foot traffic to their brick and mortar outlets considering how poorly this stunt has been publicized, coordinated and executed. BB is already bleeding red ink, you'd think they would do a better job marketing a no-brainer like the exclusive release of the Bond franchise on Bluray.

If they weren't planning on actually carrying them today, Best Buy needs to stop going around to sites like The Digital Bits and confirming that they would carry them today like they did in August.

I've been scanning a few Bluray forums and I'm now seeing some people saying Oct. 7 and some saying Oct. 23. Another site said that these exclusive Blurays are licensed for a specific window of time and that the titles will be available for general release after that. I know that the Walmart I went to last Friday had these titles in Bluray release:

Octopussy

Diamonds Are Forever

Goldfinger

From Russia With Love

Goldeneye

The World is Not Enough

Live and Let Die

Thunderball

Dr. No

Tomorrow Never Dies

For Your Eyes Only

All were priced at $9.99 each.

Where are you located? "Tomorrow Never Dies" was supposed to be Target exclusive, unless you're in Canada, and then that makes perfect sense.

I'm in Northern California. I'm not 100% sure that title was at Walmart as a bluray. I thought I saw all the Pierce Brosnan titles, but they also had their DVD titles mixed in with the bluray stock. I did pick up Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever and Thunderball, though. I actually own a couple of different versions of the DVD releases the bluray versions are nothing short of AMAZING. They really did a great job on the transfers although I think the Goldfinger version is slightly better than Thunderball (haven't viewed DAF yet). These bluray releases also contain all of the bonus material that was released on the special edition DVDs although I haven't viewed the extras yet. I'm on the hunt now for You Only Live Twice....

The various video forums are now saying Oct. 23 as the release date. Keep an eye on the forums for updated info.