Add Product

Search Results:

Blu-ray SteelBooks in Best Buy- We want more!!!!

Hi, I am new to the community here however I would love to give some input into getting blu-ray steelbooks in stores here in the USA. I know your sister company in Canada sells them and they are very successful in doing so. They have a very popular Disney program right now along with 5-7 new releases slated. I am from a bluray forum where most members from the US have to import from Canada to get these titles and ultimately pulling sales from US merchants. I would love to save the shipping and scalper like pricing from Canada and have Best Buy offer them in the USA.

I know there is talk of the Michael Jackson This is It blu-ray having a SteelBook release in Canada at your sister company there(FS). Why not join forces and make This is it huge for Best Buy. The blu-ray community is behind you and I will assist in anyway I can by driving people to the titles with links on that forum(not sure I can post links or say names here)

Valued Member

Re: Blu-ray SteelBooks in Best Buy- We want more!!!!

WE WANT MORE!!! WE WANT MORE!!! WE WANT MORE!!!

Thank you for some one else that feels the same way. I am tired of paying the scalped prices of some of these Disney/Pixar SteelBooks from Canada's Futureshop and I wish that Best Buy finally starts to release more SteelBooks and I hope they actually release Best Buy only exclusive SteelBooks. The SteelBook scene is blowing up big time Best Buy and I hope your company has the foresight to take advantage and get more sells. You have a whole Blu-Ray community waiting to back you guys up Smiley Happy

I dont think it's such a great idea to let BB have steelbooks. Think about it, if we have them here too, the steelbooks would be common and not rare, not valuable at all since there would be more. It's better this way, where Canada, German, and other countries have their only exclusive steelbooks.

@Joe_Chill wrote:

I dont think it's such a great idea to let BB have steelbooks. Think about it, if we have them here too, the steelbooks would be common and not rare, not valuable at all since there would be more. It's better this way, where Canada, German, and other countries have their only exclusive steelbooks.

of course, If they are that popular as you have stated in the quote you have backed up my claim that there is money to be made in store exclusives. If the price drops, thats excellent news for the collector and puts you canucks outta business on auction giant. German Collectors dont act this way, in fact they are very fair and the dollar is weak against the euro and they still end up being cheaper than Canada

I totally agree.  I would have loved for Best Buy to have a Steelbook for the new Star Trek.  Or even Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.  I'd buy it on day one easily.  We Want Steelbooks!

I agree. Best Buy should have a steelbook exclusives

Yes, Yes, Yes, and YES!!!!!!!

We need more steelbooks!!!!!!!

Why should Canada have all the fun? Smiley Sad

Please Best Buy, join forces with Future Shop and start offering more Blu-ray steelbooks in the USA.

PLEASE!!!!!

I would also love more steelbooks, am tired of importing this for a premium price. We need more!!!!!

I agree we need Steelbooks here in the U.S. I can say that I have over 100 steelbooks from more than 10 different countries. If Best Buy would get steelbooks, they would certainly get me as a customer for sure. I think upper management should at least take a look at the potential profit that could me made from this lucrative opportunity.