Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Contributor

Backordered anime

Just wanted to vent my frustration a little bit.  Placed a preorder for "Ah My Buddha" (SKU: 20488113) a few weeks back.  Best Buyhas/had the best price on this series from the start and I like to support my company as well.  Checked my email tonight only to find an email telling me that the series has gone straight to backorder and I can expect that it "might" arrive within the next 7-30 days.

8-digit SKUs have always been a source of frustration, but I had hopes because I preordered well in advance. I have no interest in waiting a month or likely more for a $15 series.  Really want to purchase my anime from Best Buy, but it's hard when my store gets next to nothing in terms of new releases.

Contributor

Re: Backordered anime

Is Ah My Buddha part of Ah My Goddess? Yeah, that sucks to hear. I'm always concern with animated related stuff cause stores just don't always get them. Hope you don't have to wait that long.

Contributor

Nah, it's a separate series altogether.  Haven't seen any of it, but it's a harem/comedy series.  Picked up copies of Girls Bravo, Armitage III, and Those Who Hunt Elves today to sate my anime hunger -_-

Contributor

Update!  Ended up cancelling my preorder, but it isn't Best Buy's fault.  Media Blasters delayed the actual release until October 23 without any announcement.  Hate waiting, so I'm just gonna spend $35 on the old version. 

Also, happy to hear that Media Blasters has once again been recognized as an active company by the State of New York.  The state had essentially shut them down over previous tax filings.  Will definitely be nice to have another player in the anime market.

Contributor

Haha Media Blasters!? If I knew that I probably could of told you it was delayed without announcement. That's like all their releases. They don't tell people when it's delayed and they don't tell people when it's actually out.

Contributor

Yeah, last time I found any of their stuff was at MTAC (Middle Tennessee Anime Convention) back in April.  Bought "Midori Days".  Filled out one of the survey sheets inside and it came back because they're address wasn't valid anymore :/

Here's to hoping that they can have a comeback, though.  Funimation does most of the releases now.  Sentai has some good ones, but they slack on extras and cost more.  Aniplex and NIS just cost way too much.  Just finished paying $225 for the 3 Puella Magi Madoka Magica limited edtion volumes.