Add Product

Search Results:

Recognized Member
Accepted Solution

Avengers Steelbook Pre-order

I picked up one of those Avengers steelbook early today for pre-ordering the blu-ray movie. I never done a movie pre-order before at Best Buy, I paid $7.50 for it and was wondering if the $7.50 will go towards my Blu-ray movie when I pick it up just like video game pre-orders... Thanks! Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: Avengers Steelbook Pre-order

@htz wrote:

I picked up one of those Avengers steelbook early today for pre-ordering the blu-ray movie. I never done a movie pre-order before at Best Buy, I paid $7.50 for it and was wondering if the $7.50 will go towards my Blu-ray movie when I pick it up just like video game pre-orders... Thanks! Smiley Happy

This is correct. Your $7.50 will go towards the purchase of the movie. Just bring in your recipt to Customer Service the day of release and it will be taken off the price.

I wonder why it is taking so long for the Avengers to come out 

I was in a Best Buy 2 days ago and they had a ton of these (An entire endcap filled on all 5 shelves). Went in today to buy it when the store opened and there were none. Did Best Buy send back all the unsold preorder steelbooks?
Highlighted
Contributor

Nope.  If there were any left over at opening today, they were to be given out to the first people that purchased the movie.  All of my steel books were gone last weekend.

As I said in my original post, I was there when the store opened. Like litteraly when the manager opened the doors. My Best Buy didn't have a midnight release for it either. Where did those 40-50 Steelbooks go?

Contributor

Maybe they were picked up between those 2 days? I remember seeing a lot for another movie and within 2 days they were pick up. Yeah it sounds hard to believe, but it can happen. And for my situation I know they were picked up cause my friend (who works there) told me when I asked. I'm sure it was picked up in hopes to sell them.