Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Will any more Fallout 76: Power armor editions become available to preorder?

I was really excited to hear that Bethesda was releasing a new game so I wanted to get the collectors edition as soon as possible (being that I’m a massive fan boy). Sadly I wasn’t able to do so until recently so I rushed on over to my local Best Buy and once I got there I was told there were none in stock at the time. So I’m curious if there will be another chance to preorder the Power armor edition so I can get that sick bonus steel cover case and beta, or have I missed my chance?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Will any more Fallout 76: Power armor editions become available to preorder?

I also cannot wait for Fallout 76 to come out.

Unfortunatly it is typical that the special editions, such as the power armor edition, are limited quantities and once they sell out they will not be avaialble again. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Re: Will any more Fallout 76: Power armor editions become available to preorder?

Yep, these are the sought after collectors item so they go quickly for a reason.
Highlighted
Contributor

The Power Armor Edition pre-orders came out the night that Bethesda announced them on at E3 earlier this summer. Over the course of the following four days after that Best Buy did have pre-orders go up for them at random times. Soon after when all of the retailers had in fact sold out of their allotments, Betheda's marketing head came out and said that they would not be producing anymore due to production time constraints. Basically they were given a number that could be made within the time frame needed and that is what they offered to retailers who then offered to consumers by way of pre-order.

Does this mean there will never be more made? No, but I would say the chances are unlikely. Betheda did produce more of the Pip-Boy Editions for Fallout 4 about a year or so after the game was out but I believe that version was just the Pip-Boy and nothing else. So there is always a chance, as slight as it may be, that they may offer just the Power Armor helmet but nothing official has been announced or even implied.

One thing you may try is there is always a chance Best Buy stores are holding some back for release day and that is is something that will be first come/first serve so you may want to go to your store the day it is released or the night before if they do a midnight launch and inquire with the store directly. Most reps won't know anything about inventory levels until the product arrives in store. Perhaps a few days before release you can go in to your local store and ask, they should be able to tell you if they have some in for release day, however all of this is just speculation on my part, nothing official.