Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Will ALL stores be doing the early pickup for Red Dead Redemption II?

Hey support can I get a confirmation if my store will be apart of the event? please. I tried calling but was left on automated hold for 30 mins just to ask a simple question. I don't have time to call again.

Thanks.

Same here as the posters above, I can't get an answer about the early release and it's a 40 min. drive to my local store.The location is Phoenix Avenue,Fort Smith, Ar.
Trusted Contributor

Red DR2 is certainly an anticipated game release.

However, the moderators here wont' be able to tell you anymore than what it indicates on the Game Release Web page.

Capture.PNG

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Greensboro NC store is not doing. Had I not called to check, I would have showed up like an idiot at 9 PM to pick up my preorder.

Pretty sure I won't be preordering via Best Buy anymore -- these inconsistencies between website and what the stores are doing are just too inconvenient. 

Not a single bestbuy near me is participating in the 9pm release. So yea I think going forward bestbuy shouldn't advertise all stores when not even one near me can participate.

This whole thing was a complete joke. Me and about 15 other people went to our local store, which was listed as a store participating (Coral Springs, FL), and of course we weren't allowed to take the game home. So we waited there like a bunch of idiots until 945pm to only go home empty handed. BB employee called corporate, corporate said its manager discretion if the system wasn't allowing it, manager tries to override, system denies it anyways. Why advertise this and make people go out in anticipation to be turned away? I paid for the game, it's sitting right there, the employees are trying to honor the deal, and yet we are all turned away? This is the last straw for me. I'm done giving BB anymore business. First GCU gone and then zeroing peoples accounts with no warning, and then misleading advertising for picking up Red Dead early. Literally every other store offering this had no issue, and all of my friends who preordered elsewhere had no trouble. 

Yep ended up cancelling my pre order and going to GameStop. I don't understand how not 1 bestbuy within reasonable driving distance of me participated. And there's plenty of Best buy's around me. The same advertisment is up for Fallout 76. Might as well change it to say "participating locations."

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre order

I'm a little ticked off, BB advertises that you can pick up the game at 9. But when I get to my local store where I preordered, they tell me I have to go to the other store. Naturally I get to the other store long after 9 and they can't give it to me, since I was supposed to pick it up at the original store.
I can wait until tomorrow, but was hoping to have it loaded and maybe get a jump on the game at midnight. Just annoying that it was falsely advertised as being an "event" the night before release that never happened.

That sucks. Gamestop did 9pm release. My friend went to it.

I pre-ordered RDR2 last October but recently (2 wks ago) went in to modify my order by upgrading to the Special Edition. I called my local store earlier this week to see if there would be a "midnight" release to which the employee told me yes and that doors would be opening at 11pm and they planned to be open for about 1 hr and 45 min. Well, yesterday I decided to get to the store early in order to avoid a long line. I arrived at Best Buy about 10:30pm to find the store locked and not a single car in the parking lot. I looked online to make sure the early release was still a go only to find that it started at 9pm. Now, even though i was given the wrong time I should still have made it given the time frame that I was told. Needless to say I am very upset to have driven all that way for nothing.