Add Product

Search Results:

Recognized Member
Accepted Solution

The Last of Us II?

Any reason why we can’t preorder The Last of Us Part II?

Re: The Last of Us II?

It doesn't have a release date or even release window yet.

Trusted Contributor

Well the unofficial release date is June of next year.

It has not been assigned an ESRB rating yet.  So they cannot pre-sell it.

with a release date that far away there is a better than good chance Sony willl change the date between now and release.

Unfortunalty many people would blame BB and not Naught Dog

Well the unofficial release date is June of next year.  Every thing is leaks so far.  I found nothing on Naughty Dogs web site to indicate release date.

How unhinged would people be if BB started selling it now and the release date changes to August. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Not as unhinged as you might think. Gamestop started presales of the Ghostbusters game (aka Ghostbusters 3) as soon as it was announced almost 2 years before it actually came out.

Highlighted
Recognized Member

I just thought it was odd because every game announcement and trailer ever shown at E3 or ortherwise (and listed on BestBuy) was available for preorder. I don’t think anyone would blame BestBuy when developers constantly change the release date. It’s common nowadays. I had RDR2 on preorder for over a good year.

But that ESRB rating makes sense even though we all know it will be rated M.
Trusted Contributor

Oh yes it will be rated M for sure.  Last of Us makes GTA look like a Disney movie.

I think it would also be good for BB to hold off until all the Special Editions are released. 

They probalby also need to determine if there is going to be a $10 bonus reward on it.  

I think they have had issues in the past selling pre-orders and they ended up pre-selling more copies than the publisher was going to give them on release.

I have read a lot of angry posts from people getting made when a manufacturer or publisher changes a release date actually.  BB changes the date on the web site and sends an update email. Then the ireateness starts.

I am going to wait at least until next May and keep monitoring for deals and specials. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.