Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Resident Evil 2 remake steelbook case

[ Edited ]

{removed per forum guidelines} 

-------

There seems to be some piling on Best Buy about pre-orders, pre-order bonuses, etc. and I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents that I've preordered a bunch of items from Best Buy and have experienced zero issues (including the MHW steelbook).  They just added the KH3 keychain to my KH3 pre-order with no action on my part.  I'm not trying to lessen the headaches others have experienced, simply providing one customer's positive experience(s) to go along with some of the negative experiences that have been shared.  Happy gaming everyone!

Yea I dont generally have a bad exprience with them, however I almost never do preorders to avoid these types of issues (and no preoders are ever that enticing). It just sucks that BB enticed buyers with a specific preorder item only to have it understocked and moderatley convoluted in its allocation. 

Yup sounds about right.

I have some bad news for you. The only reason I was able to receive my preorder Steelbook was becuass my locarion was selling them for $10 in store and had 2 left on the shelf.

Do not offer preorder bonuses you cannot fulfill PER ORDER.

Im glad you got one!! I find it hilarious that certain stores are outright selling them while others cant even provide all their preorders with them. Total fail! 

Also I love how now it seems that even the link to the steelbook itself as a seperate item on the website miraculously dissapeared. Im salty.

Well I know I will not be pre ordering any more games from best buy ever again. Had the steelbook in my cart and was still there when I checked out paid for it but after it shipped it disappeared and a pre order bonus popped up in its place. I will be taking my pre orders back to gamestop. At least they give you what you pay for.

So I just left the store without a Steelbook. I was assured that they did not sell any, they just didn't get enough. She also mentioned that they may receive more either Monday or Tuesday and to call back.

I don't even know what to say, but it definitely leaves a sour taste. I originally pre ordered this at GameStop since GCU is gone and I moved my pre-order to get this Steelbook. I'm over it.

@Bill-BBY wrote:
we do not have any steelbooks to sell and the store should not offer to sell you one.  All steelbooks are spoken for to pre-orders before 1/18.

Well, clearly stores didn't get this memo. I preordered on the 21st, which is admittedly after the 18th cutoff, but also was not a thing that was showing up anywhere at all in reports that this was an available preorder incentive. So naturally, when I received my game I was confused, and asked. The associate tried to refund my purchase and add the steelbook expecting it to zero out the price of the steelbook. Which is a procedure that they assured me they had to do several times for other similar preorder bonus items like the Mario Odyssey and Smash Ultimate coins. I was then informed that I could buy the steelbook for $9.99, plus tax. I asked specifically if anyone else had received the game with the steelbook as a preorder bonus. The associates looked through the pending order bins and found a single steelbook waiting for pickup, with no game. I went ahead and paid it with the expectation that if I didn't, and this was some kind of error on the system's part I'd be out of luck once it was fixed.

So clearly, what I'm taking away here is that not only are you able to buy just the steelbook, but it was also a thing that some guy was able to either do online, or in advance to buy exclusively just the steelbook. Or alternatively absolutely no one at my store was offered the steelbook as a preorder incentive.

No matter the cause, they're all wildly unprofessional and ridiculous, and I'm wondering who I need to talk to about getting a $9.99 plus tax refund for the preorder item that I apparently no one at my local store were offered to get.

My local best buy store confirmed they were told to hold stock for resale at $9.99 at a later time. I asked why mine was removed from my pre order and was told I was unlucky. I ended up getting one from the store though. They had at least 100 in their stock room when they showed me the boxes.