Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Pre order question

Hello I pre ordered the collectors edition of SoulCalibur VI and noticed they put the money back in my account. Should I call them with my order to make sure everything went through? My store is out of stock of them now so I'm just hoping everything went through. They did send me over a free copy of destiny 2 after placing my order but was just curious if that is suppose to happen? Also if I call my store and ask if I can come in at 8-9 to pick up the game the day before release would I be able to like other popular game for example Fallout 76 lets you do that when it comes out Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pre order question

Soul Calibur looks to be a great game.

Regarind your pre-order.  It can be a bit confusing.

When you pre-order something like a game you are not actually charged until the game is ready to ship.

What you saw on your account was an authorization.  Some banks incorrectly show it as a charge. They do the authorization because they need to verify the account being used is valid and has funds.  

The reason you are not charged right away is because processing a card costs Best Buy money. The authorization does not.  So if you had pre-orderd and canceled they would have been charged for the charge and the refund. 

The authorization expired and the funds were freed up.

What you need to be careful of is the week the game comes out they will attempt to authorize and charge your card.  

So make sure to leave a note on your calendar to notify you to make sure you have the funds available

My safe route to go is I acquired a Best Buy Credit Card.  That way I never have to worry about losing a pre-order or experiencing and overdraft. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pre order question

In regards to your second question. 

Only select games are being slotted for Early Pickup.

You can check the list of games and select your store in this link

Video Game Release

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.