Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Pre-Order Question

I would like to order the new Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and would like to use my $50 in best buy rewards on the price of the game ($59.99) can I use them online on a preorder and just pay the difference?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pre-Order Question

You should  be able to use the $50 reward without an issue.  I think the only stipulation is you cannot use them to cover tax and shipping (if applicable)

Just be aware that your credit card will not be charged the balance until just before the game is released.   

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thanks Bob! I know some other retailers won’t let you use point and such on preorders so I didn’t want to activate the certs and find out I can’t use them lol
Trusted Contributor

Don't quote me on this but I think the only time you cannot use it is for services, leased items (phones), tax, resale items, commercial purposes, gift cards, payments on Best But Credit card.  

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Just created my order and it worked perfectly thanks for your help!
Trusted Member

I don't know about shipping, as I've been Elite long enough to have forgotten, but you can definitely use RZC to cover tax.

Trusted Contributor

it may have changed but this is the current info.

Non-Qualifying Purchases: Leased products, purchases made prior to becoming a member, purchases/rentals at rent-to-own locations inside Best Buy stores, instant rebates, pre-orders at the time of deposit (the points will be awarded at the time of final payment or at the time you pick up the product), purchases made for resale, purchases paid with a reward certificate, purchases using any type of promotional financing, Best Buy gift card or Magnolia gift card, store credit issued by Best Buy, sales tax, service charges, certain Best Buy for Business or commercial purchases, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. Best Buy entities such as Geek Squad® services purchased in store are awarded points; Geek Squad services purchased in home are not.

Trusted Member

I apologize. I just placed an order using RZC and my total came to $0. I forgot that I had used a GC to cover a little bit of the order, so that was probably what covered taxes. I'm sure you'd know better than I would about the policies. Sorry for the misinformation. <3