When an iOS user loads the Insignia CONNECT app, these devices may appear lost from the list of devices in the home:
- Insignia Wi-Fi Smart Plug NS-SP1X7
- Insignia Wi-Fi Refrigerators and Freezers
- Insignia 720p Wi-Fi Camera NS-CH1IPC8
The app saves data about these devices in a cloud platform that needs users' authentication before these can be accessed. To enable the app to retrieve device information, the user needs to be signed into the Insignia CONNECT app using their Best Buy login and password.
Users who ONLY have HomeKit-compatible Insignia Devices (NS-SP1XM8, NS-CH1XIS8) in their home are NOT required to sign-in as they are already authenticated via their Apple iCloud account.
This issue DOES NOT affect Android users as they are always required to sign-in.
Users who are on Insignia CONNECT v3.13 or lower are more susceptible to this issue.
To make these devices visible, user should always install the latest version of the app and be logged in:
- Ensure that you have installed the latest verson of the app from the Apple App Store.
- Tap on the top left menu in the Insignia CONNECT app.
- Verify that you are signed in. If not, sign in using your Best Buy credentials. If you were already signed in, sign-out and sign-in again to refresh your account data.
- You should be able to see all your devices afterwards. If not, close the app and relaunch.
- If you still don't see some devices after trying all of the above, perform a factory-reset on those devices and them set-up again using the latest Insignia CONNECT app.