Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: playing media files from USB device on NS-BRDVD3

Could someone send me a pointer to the previous firmware (and up/down-grade directions too). Would be nice to get the video file capability back and since I have most of my stuff archived onto DVD-Rs, renaming files isn't an option.

TIA

Visitor

Insignia,

This firmware fiasco is completely irresponsible of you as a company. First you didn't thouroughly test the new firmware before releasing it.

Second, as soon as the problem was discovered, you didn't make the previous firmware available so we could downgrade. It took users who had saved a copy of the old firmware to post it to download sites.

Please get with the program & put the old formware back on your site & hurry & fix the new one.

zarguy

Visitor

Has anyone had problems with audio synch on AVI files? I've tried a couple that played fine on my computer but had trouble on the machine (PQ was fine and so was sound, they just didn't match).
Visitor

How many more days have to pass before you techs on here actually fix this firmware!!!!!???
Visitor

My guess is avi playback was removed on purpose and won't come back. The manual specifically excludes avi playback. So I think we had it by mistake to begin with and they just fixed their mistake. I'd just go back to the old firmware if you can. There are download links in this forum and in the Insignia Blu-ray players thread on avsforum.com.
Visitor

I tend to agree with mdavej about the avi removal (since it's not in the manual)...but hope it was simply just a mistake....if it is true it's pretty sad, since we all know now that it is possible to play AVIs with a simple firmware fix.

I won't be upgrading either unless it becomes absolutely necessary or they fix the stuff they broke in the latest release.

Visitor

It will also read the iso file as-is off a USB stick, no burning required. Just copy the file, plug it in (with the player off), turn on the player and follow the prompts.
Visitor

I originally assumed it was intentional as well, but then Roger specifically stated "It was not our intent to remove capabilities with the latest firmware." If they intentionally removed AVI support, you'd think they'd chose not to comment on the matter.
Visitor

Well,

I put in the file, and it works for a thumb drive, but not my Western Digital Passport HD!

Someone said it has to be FAT32, and a short connection.  Well both of those are correct.

Pretty frustrated when my Philips standard player recognized all of this stuff and was easy to access

the menu off the hard drive as well.

Lyndon

Visitor

Any USB POWERED drive will have problems.  There are other threads regarding this.