Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: playing media files from USB device on NS-BRDVD3

It's even worse for me. Since the firmware update of 11.6.09 I no longer have a "Videos" item in the scrolling list on the left hand side. If I choose the "Pictures" menu item, I can see my USB drive, but not the video files (avi, mp4) that are stored on the drive. If I rename the files .wmv, I still can't choose to access videos.

Is there a way to revert to the previous firmware?

Zarguy

Visitor

What the hell is up with the update no video playback on usb thats the silly. I went back to the previous firmware, lucky I still had it on my computer.
Visitor

Giving customers features then taking them away is NOT good form.
Visitor

ukspice69 ,can you please send me the old update file as I cannot revert back to the older version and now I have no USB connectivity and I cannot play anything from my thumb drive anymore...please send to teamximports@gmail.com, thanks!
Message Edited by teamxtaci on 11-08-2009 02:14 PM
Message Edited by teamxtaci on 11-08-2009 05:47 PM
Visitor

I just (Sunday afternoon) called tech support on this issue. This was the first they had heard of it. I'm hoping this is because it's the weekend. The guy said to call on Monday & someone may know about it & have a way to downgrade the firmwarfe.

I found a link to the firmware update on this site, but it was a dead link. I downloaded the 10.22.09 netflix-enabled firmware update for the wireless version of this player. My wired player gave an error when I tried to boot it with a USB stick containing the wireless firmware update on it. I'm going to try to edit the filename & see it it'll load it or if I'll be creating a brick. Wish me luck.

Zarguy

Visitor

Thanks to you who sent me a link to the old file for downloading....I'll at least be able to keep using the USB till they fix the firmware they just released.
Visitor

Check your PMs zarguy.
Visitor

Yeah Zarguy...I got it, check your PM for info.
Visitor

hi i have same problem,can someone send the original update that allows netflix to my e mail address, i appreciate it very much.
Visitor

Good morning everyone,

It was not our intent to remove capabilities with the latest firmware.  We will investigate these issues and get back to you as soon as we know what is going on.  Thanks for reporting them.