Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

ns-wbrdvd is a 4 gb thumb drive enough for whatever it is it is used for?

Hello, I am new to all of this so please excuse me if I sound a little uninformed. I know that on my ns-wbrdvd there is a USB port for a thumb drive. I am using a 4 gb thumb drive and I was wondering what it is used for other than playing audio and video from it. Is there any function that the ns-wbrdvd would use it for and is 4 gb enough? Please educate me. Thanks!

Visitor

Re: ns-wbrdvd is a 4 gb thumb drive enough for whatever it is it is used for?

the thumb drive is required in the event you use the bd-live function, i recently upgraded my thumbdrive to a 4gb as i was having issue with some of th ebd live functions working with just a 2gb, so for now i think a 4gb is sufficient if you use bd-live

That usb port is the hidden gem in this dvd player.  I bought this first as a cheap netflix player then as a DVD/BD player.  I had hoped I could do something with the USB port, but did not know what at the time of purchase.  Turns out you can plug any fat32 formatted device into it and play media off the attached device.  I have attached a 1t usb disk to mine and am in the process of moving my entire DVD collection to that drive.  Once the movies are transferred, I'll be able to play them off the drive and even set up a playlist of files.

I used fat32formatter to format my disk.  To get my movies from dvd to disk, I used DVDSmith.  Once I had the DVD decrypted on my hard drive, I used handbrake to convert the DVD to a MKV file that plays fine on just about everything.

I'm sure you can do a better job encoding than I can, but I just run handbrake using the default settings for the normal profile except that I click the video tab and select target size for quality, set the size to 2000, and check 2-pass encoding.  That leaves room for 500 movies on my disk and the 2g movies look fine on my 720p tv.

So, yeah, it is good for something besides playing audio and video from a thumb drive.

Have fun!

Visitor

Thanks for the info. You have given me a lot to think about. Like I said, I am pretty new to this, but you have given me some great ideas.  :-)

Visitor

@wizwor wrote:

I have attached a 1t usb disk to mine and am in the process of moving my entire DVD collection to that drive. 

Yikes, a 1 Terabyte hard drive? I wasn't aware a portable drive xould be connected and video files played from it. Is it one of those drives that are totally powered off the usb port, or one that has to be plugged in an outlet?

it plugs in to ac via a brick