Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Re: ns-brdvd3 questions

All,

There are no current plans to support uPNP.  Only USB flash drives are supported.  FAT16 and FAT32 are the only supported formats.  Frankly, some of you are using the device for things that were not anticipated.  If we receive sufficient demand for some of these features we will consider deploying them. 

Visitor

OK....consider this my request to implement (in priority order) 1) uPNP and 2) USB (AC-powered not bus powered) hard drive support.  If we should post this somewhere else, let me know. 
Visitor

Agreed!  Also, think about this.  If you add upnp (and the applicable codec) support then you will be offerring a product that is a great value and that no one else on the market can offer for the price.  You would definitely sell a lot more players this holiday season.

I agree with fhall on the order of importance.  upnp first, USB hard drive support next. 

Although I will say that my USB (AC powered) hard drive works with the player flawlessly.

Thanks,

Adam

Visitor

I too agree with bringing USB powered option to this great BD player. I have an ac powered HDD but it won't recognize it at all. NTFS file system support would ideal so we who have media on our hdd's does not have to format it and start over. Thanks Cameron
Visitor

Roger-INSG wrote: Frankly, some of you are using the device for things that were not anticipated.

Well, you guys built this unit which looks to have lots of interesting possibilities... Smiley Happy

Visitor

I have a WD powered drive plugged in and it works just fine. No dropouts. I have noticed that the player will read some .avi, .wmv, and .mkv files. The video quality still looks less than if I play it through my computer to my tv. As for the 4gb file limit, there is no way around it. The drive has to be fat16 or fat32, and the 4gb transfer limit is just the nature of the formatting. You can thank Bill Gates for that. Really, if an update could change any of this, this would be the one to change. The player needs to recognize NTFS formatted drives. And some better codec support would be nice.

Either way, I purchased this player as a cheap bluray player for the Netflix capabilities. For me, all this other stuff is just extra. 

Visitor

Let me add that a upnp client would greatly add to this player.  Look at the competition, LG and Samsung have it.  I'd have one in each room instead of WD TV Lives if it was supported.
Visitor

I will second that. The player is already connected to the network, so it would be great if it could play files stored on local devices.
Visitor

Haw many Amps (MAX) USB port provides right now?

Visitor

Hello ponteley,

USB bus distributes 0.5 amps (500 mA) of power through each port.

Thank you,
Gonza
Insignia™ Support Team