Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

No Color When My DVD Player Is Hooked Up

I have a IS-TV040919. I hooked up my DVD player and I have no color. I have tried anything and everything using all the ports I can.
Visitor

Re: No Color When My DVD Player Is Hooked Up

Hello Gabby,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

There are a couple of things that could be causing this.  The most likely issue is that it is connected wrong.  If your DVD player connects with the 3 colored connectionsm then you need to use the connections on the left side of the TV or on connections on the back.  The 3 plugs on the right hand side if you look at the back are the ones you need.   If you have the 5 colored cables then it should be on the back to the left side of the composite connection.  You will also need to check the connections on the DVD player to ensure it is connected properly there too.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I have tired all of that. Is there anything else I can do?
Visitor

Hello Gabby,

Thank you for responding!

There may be a setting on the DVD that needs changed. It may be in the form of a slide switch on the back of the unit that has Y/PB/PR on one side, and Video on the other. You will want it set to video. Or the setting may be in the DVD display/video menu, under progressive scan, which you would want to have turned off if your using the yellow/red/white connection. What is your DVD model info, and are you currently using the yellow/red/white, or the green/blue/red/red/white 5 cord connection?

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I have a DVD/CD Player SV2000. I am using the yellow/white/red cords.
Visitor

Hello Gabby,

Your player has a service called Progressive Scan that I think is turned on, which can cause this black and white image issue you're having. It shows you can either turn off progressive scan in the dvd display menu, or you can hold the "Setup" button on the DVD remote for more than 3 seconds, and it should disable that service.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

The only thing with that is when the dvd player is plugged into another tv it is fine. And I have tried multiple dd players on the tv.
Visitor

Hello Gabby,

If the Player shows correctly on a different TV with the same hook up, and different players all have the same issue with this TV, then that does imply that the TV Composite connections are no longer functioning correctly. If that is the case it puts it into a repair/replacement situation. I would suggest getting a couple estimates from local Authorized repair services, but before having any work done, check sales adds for new TV prices. Unfortunately, due to how fast the technology is turning over, in most cases replacing is more cost effective.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I hooked up a DVD player to my television but it does not show color. I have tried reconnecting them and nothing has worked. please help
Visitor

Hello sean2122,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

What is the model # of the Insignia equipment you are working with? It should start with a NS-.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support