06-19-2022 12:53 PM
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-19-2022 01:39 PM
Hello there, victor_vgp.
Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Best Buy Forums. Although, I do wish it were under better circumstances. Upgrading some tech in your home is typically a fun and exciting time, so I regret to hear about the issues getting your smart speaker to sync with your new WI-FI setup. We would be more than happy to get you connected with an Agent who may be able to help you troubleshoot this issue. Please feel free to click the link here to be directed to our Insignia Support page. On this page you will find an option to email our support team, otherwise you're more than welcome to give them a call at 1 (877) 467-4289 if you wish to connect over the phone. This line is open daily from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT.
I do sincerely hope you find this information helpful, and please let me know if you have any additional questions. I'm happy to help in any way that I can.
06-19-2022 07:35 PM
I am a longtime member here and forgot my login credencials and BB isnt sending me the reset email so I created a new just to help you out.
Try this method for the pixel
Had to find device utility APK since it is not availabel in the app store for pixel 6 users in the US.
Downloaded the APK and was able to get it set up with no issue. Will leave this here in the event that anyone else encounters this issue.
06-19-2022 07:39 PM
I am 1600daycarestaff at reddit
This is whewre I saw somewone else with the issue and means to correct it
06-20-2022 01:12 PM
Thanks so much, @JerryKcantlogin
It completely solved my problem.
For those who face this in the future:
- I just had to download the APK (https://apkcombo.com/device-utility/com.google.android.apps.wifisetup.app/) and install it
- It can ask you for permission to install external packages
- After installing it, just run the app, and it will look for new devices
- Once it finds your Insignia Assistant Speaker, just select it and follow the steps to activate it
- Once it is activated, the app will transfer you to the Google Home App to finish the setup, and voilá, it's done!
06-20-2022 01:23 PM
I asked the OP of the Reddit post to also post it here, he didnt and when I saw you were having the same pixel issue I figured I should.
Now I need to figure out what my original password was here.