Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Insignia Voice Speaker NS-CSPGASP-B ancient firmware

So aggravating. Although with my hours of troubleshooting, I did find that changing the default language to English - Canada worked. Thing is, you need to change the setting in the Assistant settings first before adding the speaker to your home. Then when you go add it, the speaker works in general. Although... it still can't turn off lights. I mainly use these things for music so it's semi servicable. If i hear "there was a glitch" tomorrow morning, i'll lose my sh1t. This experience has really turned me off from any other home automation without further research. Main lesson is... only buy the official stuff as this junk is so fragmented. 

Just a quick update, the Google home mini I picked up the other day has been absolutely flawless. It's still on sale for $30, too. This insignia garbage is definitely not worth the hassle since best buy won't support their own brand. Lesson learned.

@davyjones agreed. Def buying Google made stuff. Glad I didn't by any other third party product. I bet these manufactorers are not getting the support they need from Google either.
Rlw

No change to report yet. 😒

Re: Force a firmware check? (Insignia Smart Speaker NS-CSPGASP) and Speaker Pair

I'd get them off your network. since they are battery powered and I'm not sure how to turn them off.. Unplug them and have someone else drive them far away while you experiment with the 3rd one.

Re: Force a firmware check? (Insignia Smart Speaker NS-CSPGASP) and Speaker Pair

I just got off the phone with Insignia Support at (877) 467-4289.  They said Google admitted it was their problem, is aware of the issue, and Google should have it fixed within 5 days.  But I'm not counting on it.

They also told me that apparently Best Buy has an extended holiday return policy until 1/12/2019 for anything bought after 10/28/18.

So... I guess I'll give it another week and see what happens.  I'm guessing if the fix is released, things will "magically" update one night.

The lack of an ability to force a firmware check is a frustrating part of all Google Home enabled devices.  Particularly frustrating when getting a new device.

I owned 2 from last year that work flawlessly. I bought 3 more during this sale and none of them update (all 105) In addition, they randomly display the current volume setting (50 by default)and 20 which I almost think is the night setting. I have hard time believing they won't come up with a fix for this, but it would be nice to hear they are working on it. Has anyone tried to connect to these devices thru the USB port ?

I have purchased 10 of these products.

3 work, on firmware 314

2 returned on firmware 105. If  you say 'ok google', the respond with "sorry there is a glitch" 

I can cast to these devices.  they can be added to a group and play back much.  you just can't talk to them, and they don't update firmware after being on my wifi for over a week.

2 new replacement units.  also stuck on version 105.

3 other units I plan to give as presents are still in box.

Phone support is very bad.  1 girl told me these units don't have firmware.

Another phone support told be to call Google.

I called Google, and they told be to call Insignia.

Next phone support told me to bring them to Geak Squad.

When I brough them to Geak Squad they wouldn't even look at them and just exchanged them for other units that do not work.

I've tried 3 differnt wifi routers / networks/ enviroments.  

The issue is with firmware 105

This product should be recalled and they should stop selling them.

Best Buy support should make an official statement about this if it true.