Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Insignia Voice Speaker NS-CSPGASP-B ancient firmware

Update: the speaker has reverted to the old problem. Guess these are going back to the store. Such a shame, I'm very happy with the four I have in the house, and have started outfitting all my switches and lights and thermostat to wifi. The representatives at Google said they are not aware of any compatibility problems, so I suppose I'll add Google speakers in the future, unless I learn that the Insignia problem has been corrected.

Rlw

Mine 2 unit which was exchanged for the first is firmware 105. Smiley Sad

I can't find these anywhere nearby and they have been unavailable online for more than a week. It looks like these are being pulled from the floor. Too bad there's no one from BestBuy customer support monitoring this group. It would be nice to get some answers on how to get service on these.

They have tons of them at my local BB, I just returned another one that wasn't updating. The new one updated instantly while I was setting it up. It seems like that's the best way to get off the 1xx firmware. Just return it and get another one.
Rlw

Update: I was just contacted via email from my initial written quest to support.  They have asked for the unit Mac number to forward to their engineers.  I’m hoping this is a good sign that they have a way to drive a remote update.  If you have not asked, suggest you write the,. I’ll report back if things change.

Re: Force a firmware check? (Insignia Smart Speaker NS-CSPGASP) and Speaker Pair

So I have two of these that immediately updated upon initial setup.  Then I bought a third from a different store.  It has been stuck on version 105 since I bought it, for the last week.  I have factory reset it several times.  No luck.  Please help!

Re: Force a firmware check? (Insignia Smart Speaker NS-CSPGASP) and Speaker Pair

Try removing the original two from your home setup and turn them off before trying again...

NIce dude, please post here and let me know how it goes. I just sent them an email with my mac addresses for all speakers to see what they reply with. I exchanged 2 speakers today and still they won't update at start up. There have been a few times where it looks like its trying to update but then the app says there was a problem. However, I still haven't been able to even get to THAT experience again. 

I actually setup the third one on my son's Google Home acccount, with nothing else on that account. Basically it's a brand new Home account. So the other two weren't even on that account. But then, because the third one never updated, I put it on my account with the other two. No difference. Can't get it to update. Don't know what to do now.

I also exchanged my speakers today, and within an hour of setup, it was back to the usual dysfunction. Hoping for an overnight update before I completely give up.