Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Force a firmware check? (Insignia Smart Speaker NS-CSPGASP) and Speaker Pair

Broadcast stop working for me as well through the Google Home app and speaker to speaker. Every now and then it will broadcast but only to the speaker I am talking too.

Re: Force a firmware check? (Insignia Smart Speaker NS-CSPGASP) and Speaker Pair

That auto firmware upgrade kind bites, no way to block them

I opened a new unit, shut off my internet, placed my phone on airplane mode then turn its wifi back on.

Was able to start the setup and then I could see the shipped firmware this one had

Then like expected once internet was back on it went into the LOAD screen to 314

I wanted to test a few things before it did, but it left no time

I love the fact that the servers ARE NOW pushing the updates as they should, lets see we can get updates that dont break things...

Re: NS-CSPGASP does not Broadcast anymore

Can anyone from insignia or Best Buy provide us any kind of update? Anything would be appreciated...thanks in advance...
Highlighted

Since we’ve been having a problem with broadcasting I have also not been able to get my Devices to voice match. Every time I ask Google what my name is it says it cannot answer and asked me to match my voice. After I do sell it continues to still not recognize my voice. This is a huge problem as I am not able to use it to make phone calls and have it linked to my phone numbers.

Insignia Speaker (NS-CSPGASP-B) stuck on "LOAD" for 24 hours+

Hello, I am having issues with my speaker. The device was working fine when I left for work but when I got back it was on the "LOAD" screen, so I left it for a few hours. I then tried to unplug and replug, then left it for 24 hours. Still was on the same screen. Nothing happens when I push the back button for 30+ sec. Even on LOAD or on boot/off to on. If I turn off my wifi at home, the device still goes to LOAD. Im guessing it got stuck in updating, but idk how to get it reset since nothing happens when I push the button. 

I am a brand new user of this forum and the loss of the broadcast speaker brought me here. I too have a  firmware 314 speaker that lost its ability to Receive  broadcast messages though it  CAN send them. Ive had no trouble until this week

Where or who is the best place to contact regarding this issue in hopes for a fix?  A google chat told me to look to the manufacturer. Thanks for any advice.

There are a couple threads about the firmware 314 issues

They "BB" said the engineers are working on it.

It was just a couple weeks ago their severs were not upgrading units at all so some folks were stuck on old firmware such as 101 to 105 which alone were missing the place a call feature and a few others.

Then there were some people stuck on firmware 310 which was working well but still missing the 314 features.

Now anyone that setups up this speaker will be pushed the 314 firmware that lost the ability of broadcast.

I have found it is hit or mis on sending, more so not working at all and reciveing them is not working, once in awhile I have had the speaker repeat my message, this would be the same speaker that took the messeage.

About all I can suggest is call Insignia support, let them log the issues

The lack of receiveing updates went on for months, I personally one day spent over a half hour on the phone with them

Gave them my MAC addresses to two speakers and said use me as a ginning & push it

About a half hour later I reset both speakers & they updated to 314 from 101 & 105

This all took place just after the $19.99 Best Buy sale & there were a lot of custermers that were calling in to Insignia about the lack of updates.

It appears the servers are now working, now we wait for a feature full working update.

If all else fails, keep an eye on the last return day and return it to the store if they dont fix the issues or respond in a satifactory manner.  They may see many hundreds of these coming back due to flaws & lost features.

Meanwhile the speaker does have decent sound for it's size & the features that are working seem to work very nice

I am also having this issue. I'm on firmware 314. I can broadcast out but not receive the broadcasted messages back to the device. I reset it last night hoping that would fix the issue but it did not. Would love to get this feature back or if you aren't doing updates anymore to this speaker that you open up the firmware for open source developers to enhance since this is a great speaker!

Andrew

Please fix this before a bunch of us all look like fools for giving our kids devices that no longer work properly for Christmas.

Re: Insignia Voice Portable Speaker won't connect to internet

I too have tried all these troubleshooting tips, including ones found in other threads. 

There's no problem with my WiFi network, and I'm not a tech dummy. (I've successfully set up Google Homes, Chromecasts, a Chromecast Audio, a smart wifi switch, and probably about 6 Google Home minis, and I've one of each of those devices currently functioning just fine.) 

Things I've tried over the past 4 hours

Pairing the phone in Bluetooth before trying to set up. 

Putting the phone in Airplane mode and turning on wifi

Resetting the Wifi network several times

Setting the channel of the Wifi to match the channel of the Insignia smart speaker as detected by a network scanner (it's channel 2 btw) 

Factory resetting the Insignia before each attempted setup

Using an older non-pixel Android phone (since some people experienced problems with Pixels) 

Changing some other settings on the Wifi network like enabling UPnP (recommended somewhere in Google's documentation) 

Moving the new Insignia next to the wifi router (it was always in the same room)

Some other stuff I don't remember at the moment

None of the above gave me any success. It always timed out and stopped at the step of connecting to the WiFi network. The word "SET" was displayed on the device the whole time, with the word "blu" when I was bluetooth paired.