Add Product

Search Results:

False Promises and Heartbreak

I recently ordered an Apple Watch Series 4 from BestBuy.com. After a few days with no updates to my order I grew worried and reached out to customer service almost every day for a week to check up with my new prized possession. In these chats, the Best Buy Customer Service Team promised me that my order would be fulfilled and would not be cancelled. When I say promise, I mean they said the word promise and they said the word 'guarantee' for it being fulfilled. I felt so reassured and happy. Then, I got an email this weekend saying my order was cancelled and there was nothing they could do. I'm DEVASTATED. This year has already been so hard, I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread and this is a fatal blow. I've never seen a company break a promise. What do I do now? I have the transcripts and photos of all the chat interactions where I was promised. I hate to sound like a nag but I could really use a Christmas miracle here.

Best Buy keeps canceling my orders.

Best Buy keeps canceling my orders I have contacted them however it is still happening.  What to do?

Digital Order Cancelled

[ Edited ]

May you please advise why my digital order {removed per forum guidelines} was cancelled ?

Order auto cancelled!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I got two order cancellation today for a digital item that I am buying using a credit card that is issued outside USA. May you please advise reason for cancellation as I am keen to catch Black Friday offer. Here are the details:
Email: {removed per forum guidelines}
Order: {removed per forum guidelines}
Order: {removed per forum guidelines}

Best Buy automatically cancels my orders

Hello

Best Buy keeps on cancelling my orders. I placed an order and accidentally exited instead of entering the Discover Card verification. I canceled the order then placed another order for the same item, but Best Buy sends me this email:

"Unfortunately, we had to cancel your order because it has exceeded our orderable quantity limits. Please see our Conditions of Use, which explains order limitations and limited quantities.

If you'd like to place an order for your business, our Account Managers at Best Buy for Business™ will be more than happy to assist you...."

I'm really just trying to order 1 item but tried placing it several times after each cancellation, thinking that I messed up on the credit card information. Please help. I tried calling Best Buy and was on the line for 1 1/2 hours but they said they couldn't do anything. I'd have to go to the store to buy the item itself and have them "verify" my information. So frustrating.

Order Placed now cancelled

I just do not understand why it is allowed or even possible for customers to make a purchase for something, get the confirmation email and then day before they are to pick up the item, tell them their order is no longer available? You have been a terribe company to deal with when ordering. I placed my order on the 22nd, was informed on Friday that it wasn't quite ready yet but you were getting it ready for me to pick up today the 29th. Check yesterday and it says the item is no longer available in my area. Why was I even allowed to buy the darn thing? You finally set something up to stop Bots from buying up all the inventory which I thought was great and I go through the whole process, use my rewards points as well and thought I would be enjoying my new purchase but here I am sending another complaint. It just amazes me that you could allow for this to happen. If I went to the bank and used my card to take money out and it did and then they tell me, "sorry we don't have any cash to give you today" after it debits out of my account. Terrible customer service and terrible online ordering.

Topics: 1,225
Kudos: 713
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 296

Re: Order Placed now cancelled

The inventory system may not have had time to catch up. It does not take into account acutal in store shoppers and other variables. Certain items may become available for purchase again as the day progresses. Your order is not cancelled until they really determine you can't get your item.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Re: Purchase Cancelled

Just had the same issue, bought 1 Nintendo switch and it was cancelled. Received an email saying my order was cancelled because it had exceeded orderable quantity limits

BestBuy cancels my online orders TWICE and now I missed the Black Friday sales price!

[ Edited ]

To BestBuy Customer Service Rep, 

I recently tried twice to order an OpenBox iPad Pro 11 256 GB via BestBuy's website for local pickup and each time the order was cancelled by BestBuy without explanation.  I called BB's 888 number after each incident and the BB service rep could not give me a satisfactory answer regarding what exactly happened.

As a result of this order + cancellation + re-order + cancellation sequence, I missed the Black Friday sale price window for a new iPad Pro 11 256 GB.  

This was an extremely frustrating experience and I hope the BestBuy representative who read this post could investigate (phone call case ID's included below) and provide some insight on what happened and also provide some recourse options for me.

Here is a list of the events:

11/27 - Ordered an OpenBox iPad Pro 11 (latest edition) 256GB for same day local pick up (I did this for its immediate availability, not for the savings!)

11/28 - Received an email from BB in the morning that the order is cancelled due to lack of availability

11/28 - Went to the local BestBuy and asked BB reps at the Customer Service counter for help.  The BB rep and the manager were unhelpful and rude (bascially told me that BestBuy's system cancelled the order and they, at the local level, didn't know anything about BestBuy's online order system!)

11/28 - While shopping for a new iPad Pro 11 on BB website in the afternoon, an OpenBox iPad Pro 11 (latest edition) 256 GB was again shown as available for local pick up.  I immediately ordered the OpenBox iPad Pro 11 and BestBuy's order system confirmed the order and I received an email to that effect.

11/28 - Called BestBuy's 888 number to ask more information about the cancellation on first order and to ask if the new order will face the same availability problem.  The BB agent was courteous but could not give an explanation on what happened to the first order but assured me that the second order is confirmed!  {removed per forum guidelines}

11/29 - Received a call in late afternoon from a rep from the local BB store that the OpenBox iPad Pro 11 is not available.  I asked the BB rep for an explanation and what options I had.  The rep said she didn't know what happened and that BB did not have any recourse for me!  Soon after the phone call, I received an email from BB informing that the second order is cancelled!

11/30 - I called BestBuy's 888 number again to try to understand what happened.  I also asked the BB agent if I could order a new iPad Pro 11 (latest edition) 256 GB at the Black Friday sale price ($799.99) since the only reason I missed the sale price was due to BestBuy's online system fiasco I encountered on my earlier orders.  The agent (Jorge) was very pleasant but could not get approval for my request.  Jorge said the best he got approval for was a $50 discount. I declined.  In the end, Jorge offered to send $25 BB Gift Card for my frustration. {removed per forum guidelines}

Prior to this frustrating case, I have had nothing but good experiences with BestBuy's online orders and also with my local BestBuy stores.  I hope BestBuy would review this case and do the right thing to earn back my business.

Thanks,

CJTANG999 

Order Cancelled and Bad Customer Service

Hello,

I made a purchase on 11/23 for a Lenovo Laptop as part of your black Friday deal. I had been researching and waiting for this particular item to go on sale for weeks. A couple days later I received an email stating the order was cancelled but was given no reason. After talking with Chat support "Irene" said there was a "technical glitch" and to try re-ordering the item. However the item was no longer in stock. So I decided to call and speak to a support agent "Amel" who told me that it wasn't my fault for why the item got cancelled and to wait until the item was back in stock and call support back to be able to get the item at the price I orginally paid. I made sure before hanging up that I would be guaranteed the same pricing. So I checked today 12/1 and saw there was available stock so I called support back to purchase the laptop again and was told there was nothing that can be done. The support agent "Jasmine" wasn't very helpful. We asked to speak to her supervisor in which she said we would receive a call back in 2 hours from her supervisor. We never received any followup.

I decided to try and chat with support once again and was passed around to multiple agents until we talked to a "Peyton W" who was extremely rude, disrespectful and very unprofessional for his position. Thankfully I have some screenshots of the conversation because I was unable to get a transcript after filling out the survey due to yet another technical error with your system. This was after "Andrew W" abruptly left the chat conversation. 

After not receiving any help online, I decided to call the corporate number "Andrew W" provided but it was the general Best Buy customer service number. On this phone call I spoke with "Damaris" who has been the only person through this whole exhausting process willing to help. She also agreed this wasn't my fault and apologized for the inconvenience. She was able to talk to her supervisor which is when we were offered only a 10% discount which doesn't come close to the sale price I had orginally purchased the item at. This is baffling to me since Best Buy can price match with differnt companies but cant honor a price that was offered by your company in which i purchased the item during the appropiate time frame of the sale and had it cancelled due to your company error.

I was fully prepared to purchase the item again today at the sale price that promised. This is very upsetting and has made me question my loyalty and future business with Best Buy.