Add Product

Search Results:

Xbox Elite Controller

Good Morning,

I bought a Elite Controller and have warranty on it. It has recently began drifting upward on the right stick when I leave it by it self. I been looking to replace it and now I've noticed that Best Buy no longer carries the Elite Controller. I know the the Elite Controller 2(2nd version) is coming out in Novermber. I was wondering if there anything best buy can do in the mean time to replace my controller with another Elite? Or provide funds to pre order the Xobx Elite Controller Version 2?

Disappointed as I treat it the controller very well but I understand things happen.

Thanks

Emerging Expert

Re: Xbox Elite Controller

For clarification: Do you have the Manufacturers warranty or do you also have the Best Buy Extended coverage.

First I would suggest trying to remap your controller.

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
  2. Under System, select Settings.
  3. Under Kinect & devices, select Devices & accessories.
  4. On the Xbox One Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
  5. Carefully review the current mapping for each of the buttons on your controller. You can also select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.

If that does not work and you only have manufacturers warranty you can follow the link and then the troubleshooting your Xbox One wireless controller and go through the questions to start a warranty claim.  You should get to the point where you see the above instructions.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/controllers

If you have the Geek Squad plan you will need to set up an appointment to bring it in and work with an Agent.

https://www.bestbuy.com/services/triage/home

Contrary to popular belief, warranty and Geek Squad plan does not mean automatic replacement.  

The process may take a little time so you will be without that controller for a few days to a week or more. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

I have best buy warranty for 2 years for the Elite Controller and not the Geek Squad plan.
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

I would try re-mapping first then bring it in to Geek Squad if that does not work.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.