Add Product

Search Results:

XBOX Series X HALO Edition

I am an elite plus member along with a total tech support member, will you be doing a similar process as you just did for the PS5.  I know that I have received feedback from the support team that we are not able to specify who we can sell consoles to or other products given what the manufacturer specifies.  Clearly your competitors are not following those guidelines, nor did you do that with the PS5.  Is there anyway you can provide a higher level of customer service to your loyal customers that are clearly showing their loyalty to you by making their purchases to your company thru both being an elite plus member and a total tech support member.  The way this is working today is for secondary resellers grabbing as many as they can thru their bots and selling on the secondary market.  It would be nice for a company to show their loyalty to those that show their loyalty to you.....Thanks.

Re: XBOX Series X HALO Edition

Yes^^

Please allow only Total Tech members to purchase a Halo Edition Xbox X console. The bots are making it impossible on us regular customers. At least one time, please.

Thank you
Valued Expert

A kicker to that is that BOT buyers are loyal customers and or would have Total Tech Support and are probably elite members as well if that is what it takes to get a console. 

So how do you make the distinction?

They are just despicable people who resell at an outrageous price

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

I would bet that these BOT buyers are not spending $200 for that membership.
Valued Expert

They would in a heartbeat if that would get the access.

I got a PS5 by subscribing to tweets that would alert me when various retailers were selling them.

The drawback is the BOT buyers would subscribe to them as well.

I also did research and found out expected dates PS5 would be available. 

So I set up my browser with bookmarks and logged in with a lot of refreshing.  

Suddenly the PS5 popped up, asked me which size, and I added it to my cart. As I was logged and everything verified I was able to quickly check out.

about 10 seconds after making the purchase I got tweets from 2 of the Tweeters.  And so did thousands of other people. 

I was actually able to use my bookmark and put a second one in my shopping cart and hit the checkout button and buy a second one.  But then I received a message telling me I could not buy a second one. 

Just keep trying, eventually you will get one.  I despise people getting them just to jack up the price.  But not all of them are botters. I could have probalby had 3 if I had 3 accounts and 3 different browsers. I tried to get a second one for my friend Paul.

On a side note.  PS5 is amazing. Speed, graphics, sound. 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Valued Expert

Opps my bad I forgot you were concerned in this case with the Halo Edition Xbox

I just ordered Halo this week.  Even if botters were buying them they were in very limited quantity.  But the good news is that the Xbox Consoles are readily available right now.  I think the Halo version looks amazing but maybe you should jump on the console so you have one when Halo comes out.

Those sclapers with the bots are not going to pay $200 +tax to make lesser money.

For your comment about there are established customers that could buy and sell consoles too, yes, that is correct......but if BB would only allow 1 per customer and lock it behind the Total Tech pay wall, then the ones who will buy consoles, games, tv's etc, will have a MUCH better chance of getting one.

No, I'll pass on the just settle for a 'regular xbox'. Thanks tho.

BB has a great opportunity to limit 1 per Total Tech account, thus giving us a great chance in getting what we actually want....without 'settling'.
Valued Expert

But a lot of people would be upset to be forced into buying Total Tech Support just to get a Console.  In fact it does not even sound legal.

....they wouldn't be forced. They have a choice...get a membership...or don't.

No different than walmart or gamestop giving plus and pro members the chance. Or Costco and sams club.

BB isn't the only place to get a console. Someone doesn't want to spend $200 and have a fantastic chance at acquiring the console they want, not to mention ALL of the awesome perks that come with the membership...well, they can roll the dice somewhere else.

lol @IT doesn't sound legal. That's funny. 🤣