Add Product

Search Results:

What is the best way to use my 55inch tv for pc gaming?

I recently bought an HP TG-0023w gaming PC that has a 1650 super in it, so I an only running 1080p games. My question is - what settings/resolution should i be using if i want to game on my 4k tv? When i first hooked it up, it appeared to be a condensed/zoomed in version of my desktop at 4k. But games were running slow. Is there a best practice in order to get the best results?

Valued Expert

Re: What is the best way to use my 55inch tv for pc gaming?

Honestly I would not recommend it.  TV displays are not suited for it becuase of refresh rates and compatibility issues between the GPU and the TV decoder.  You may have a difficult time getting a decent result.

However, it does not hurt to try. 

All you should need is an HDMI cable to run from your computer to an HDMI input on your TV

I have tried in the past and the results have been less than satisfactory. 

A TV also may not support variable refresh rate.  If you TV only has a 60 hertz refresh rate things may not be smooth. 

I would suggest saving up for a QHD Gaming monitor. Depending on the GPU in your computer.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Topics: 1,698
Kudos: 850
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 338

Re: What is the best way to use my 55inch tv for pc gaming?

Many televisions that are modern, unless its a good brand name the resolutions on the TV are super zoomed in at 1080p that was my experience connecting many laptops I owned to TV's 

I don't understand the issue at hand as the graphics card can understand the command I send it to the control panel to unzoom but games don't understand it. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***