Add Product

Search Results:

Upgrades.

Hello everyone, I am new here and need help upgrading my PC specs to something that can run popular games at the moment. (GTA, Call Of Duty(s).) 

Here are my current PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730

Motherboard: ASRock A320M/ac

Ram: Apacer Technology D12.2324CS.003 DDR4 8GB

Storage: Apacer AS340 240GB

I know these PC specs are horrible but someone recommend me something better! 
Valued Expert

Re: Upgrades.

One spec you did not include is how big is your power supply.

If it is only just big enought to support the current build you may need to upgrade that as well.

The 2 things you may want to focus on would be the GPU and the RAM

You should be able to get a used 1000 series NVIDIA GPU at a pretty good price. 

Take your ram up to 16gb. Or 32 if you motherboard will support it.

If you are on a laptop now you will in most likely have to buy a new computer

However the bigger truth is I don't think you should spend any money trying to upgrade what you have.  Based on your GPU model your computer is up to 9 years old and the best GPU your motherboard will support has not been manfuacturerd for several years. 

If you can determine a budget for a new computer I would simply go to the BB web site,  look at computers and filter to show Gaming Towers. I don't know if it will work but here is a link

Gaming Towers

In this list you will see a number of lower priced gaming computers. However, be aware that they are built with out of date graphics cards and only 8 GB of RAM.  They are already out of date in my mind.

What I did with a gaming computer a few years ago was apply for a Best Buy Credit card. I was able to get a better computer than I could afford out of pocket by getting one with 12 months interest free.  My first payment I applied the money I had saved and was able to pay the rest off with small payments until I got my next tax return. 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.