Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

The Last Of Us 2 Ellie Edition

I received an email this morning saying my Ellie Edition had experienced a delay and would be canceled on January 29 if the item had not shipped. The game doesn’t release until May so there’s no way it can ship out by January 29. Is my order going to be canceled? What gives?
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: The Last Of Us 2 Ellie Edition

You really want to get on them about this. I also received that email and i can tell you the same thing happened with my owlboy limited edition preorder. I spent a month back and forth with Best Buy before the cancellation happened trying to ensure that my order remains safe, and they assured me there would be absolutely nothing happening to my pre-order and wouldnt you know it, It was cancelled on the exact day it said it would. They didnt get me another one, or anyone else who had their orders cancelled, everyone was just "out of luck"

Highlighted

I don’t want to “get on them” per se. This is my first time preordering anything through Best Buy so I’m trying to be optimistic and just hope the email was sent out in error and would appreciate a mod/customer care rep response on the matter. That’s all.
Highlighted

I just received the same message. Usually when something gets an updated release date, you get an email informing you of it. I haven’t received that for this game. I’ll be calling them later, in theory we should get that same email now, just late and everything will be okay, but as above commenter mentioned they have had big issues when this occurs in the past before. If you don’t get an email confirming the new release date I would have some concern with the order, and not just an email from a rep but one more system generated looking.
Highlighted

Last of Us 2 Collector's Edition and Ellie Edition Getting Cancelled?

Hi,

I just received two emails saying that the Last of Us 2 Collector's and Ellie Editions that I ordered in September will both be cancelled on January 9, 2020. I'm not sure why this is the case since the game doesn't release until May but I would like to ensure that both orders don't get cancelled since I have full intention of keeping both and have had this occur in the past with other pre-ordered games. Please let me know what I need to do in order to keep my orders from getting cancelled. Thank you.
Highlighted

I’ll keep an eye on my inbox. Will probably do the same and call them later on. Hopefully you can get a response sabre
Highlighted

Small update: due to sabre’s response I went back through my email to check and see if I ever received an email informing me of an updated release date and sure enough I found an email sent on October 24 that read: “We were just informed that the release date for the item listed below has been updated to Friday, May 29, 2020. You don't need to take any action at this time. We'll keep you posted if anything else changes, and we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.” This has me confused; if their system has the updated release date and I was notified as such where is the delay coming from?
Highlighted

Re: Last of Us 2 Collector's Edition and Ellie Edition Getting Cancelled?

Got the same email. Looks like the same thing happened with the Doom Eternal Collector’s Edition recently and the email was sent out in error. Hopefully that’s the case here
Highlighted

This is definitely troublesome. I just looked back more thoroughly and you’re correct, I had same email. Until I get the yellow warning off my order I’m not going to give up on this, didn’t have best luck on my initial contact was just told the order will be fine... but with the yellow warning not so sure I believe that.
Highlighted

Agreed. I’ll keep updating the thread if/when I get a better response from Best Buy or the delayed status is removed and my order is fixed