Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Returnal Preorder Not Ready for pickup on Release Date 4/30

As the title states, I preordered Returnal with in-store pickup for release date, 4/30/21. As of 5 PM Eastern time, the game is still not ready for pickup although the message on the order continues to say "Ready for Pickup today". Doing a quick search on twitter, this seems to be a widespread problem with almost no Best Buy stores getting any stock of the game. What is going on? If I would have know that Best Buy would not be able to provide this game on release I would have ordered it elsewhere...

Re: Returnal Preorder Not Ready for pickup on Release Date 4/30

i'm having the same issue too. checked the app this morning and still was not ready for pick up. went to my local best buy (cleveland, oh area) and they said they hadn't even received copies of the game yet.

Just got an email titled

"Your order is taking longer to fulfill than we expected"

"your item is currently unavailable."

"This item has been delayed. We're working to get it to you within the next few days."

What a joke. What's even the point in preordering? This is very disappointing...

Returnal order delayed, this is not cool smh.

I made an order to for store pick up, expecting it to be able to pick up today and now my order is delayed. If you pre-order and says it will be available in store on a certain date than what is the hold up? I spoke to customer service and they wanted me to drive and hour away to pick up from another store. Unacceptable, why should I go out my way for your hold up……This is the second time this happened with me where i pre-ordered and received a game a whole week late from shipping. Exactly why I chose store pick up and it still can’t be done right. Never pre-ordering on Best Buy again. At least give customers some incentive for waiting. I will cancel my order and pick up from another store. Has anyone been having the same issue or is it just my store? (Cary, NC)

The same thing happened to me, I pre-order the game, then today I decided to check my email an it said that my order was not ready to pick up, which I found strange since the bestbuy I pre-ordered from said it had a few in stock earlier in the morning, then later today I received a text saying that" there is been a delay on my order", upon this I go to best buy website and it says sold out.
What is the point of pre-ordering then if other people who don't preoder can go and pick up the game frombest buy and the costumers that preorder the game get screwed.

Had the same issue. Gave Best Buy until around noon then cancelled and got it digitally. Had $50 in reward certificates or I would have done that in the first place. Hope this doesn't happen with Resident Evil 8 so I can make use of my certs.

Yeah it's pretty absurd. I had an order placed in 2020 and somehow best buy is unable to fulfill that on release date.
Emerging Expert

Re: Returnal order delayed, this is not cool smh.

The issue is the publisher/developer not Best Buy 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Not just you, plenty of others. The sad part is that I can't even cancel my order, they are forcing me to keep it and then want me to return it back to them when it arrives. It hasn't shipped, and they can't cancel it.. okay. The emails says I can cancel, guess not. Other places in my area have it, but I don't want to go get it because I don't want to deal with having to return an item they said I can cancel, but actually can't. Cool, real nice.

@bobberuchi wrote:

The issue is the publisher/developer not Best Buy 

I guess Walmart and Target got their version from a different publisher/developer ....oh wait ...

This is 1000% on best buy. Other retailer got it. They failed in their supply chain. Which normally would be fine but as others have stated, they won't let you cancel this order so you can go elsewhere to buy it. 

Seriously BIG problem. Locking up funds for a product they failed to procure on the date they promised, then refusing to cancel or prevent charging for it.