Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Pre-Order ?

To make sure I have this right. If I preorder a game set for 9/6. A hold is put on my CC for a few days as an autherization and then it falls off. Then when it actually ships the amount is taken off? Is it safe to say the charge will be on the 4th or 5th? 

Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: Pre-Order ?

That is correct.  The authorization is to ensure your using a valid account that at least at the time of authorization has sufficient funds. 

Then when they are ready to prepare and ship it you are charged.  It would be more safe to say you can be charged up to 7 days prior to release day.  

Typically for Tuesday releases I have been charged the previous Wednesday or Thursday. 

I have received every pre-order on release day except for the one time I pre-ordered on Friday afternoon for a Tuesday release. 

Keep in mind sometimes things happen beyond the control of BB and there are delays, which I believe are typically an issue with the publisher. 

Also, your game may sometimes still show preparing the day before it ships.  However, it may have already shipped. 

The brings up one of the reasons why I acquired a Best Buy Credit.  About 5 years ago I had pre-ordered an Assassins Creed title.  I had used my debit card and was a few dollars shy of enough funds.  

The BB Credit card gets you greater rewards or interest free financing.   Another great benefit is you don't have to worry about having the funds in your account when shipping time happens. 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: Pre-Order ?

I assume your talking about Monster Hunter.

On a personal note if your wanting a special edition I would recommend slating it for in store pick up on release day. 

Sometimes UPS or USPS may not be as careful as we would hope and occasionally a steel book or some such will arrive damaged.   This way you can check it out right there if is important to you.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.