Add Product

Search Results:

Playstation 5 in cart but website won't allow me to checkout

I can't checkout because none of the 33 Best Buy stores near me are available for curbside pickup. Ok, fine. Why can't you ship it? This is unacceptable.

Valued Expert

Re: Playstation 5 in cart but website won't allow me to checkout

that would tell me that all the PS5's that are availble for purchase are only availble a particular store and not at the Central Warehouse. Individual stores do not ship.

I am not an employee of Best Buy. All opinions and comments are my own.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Valued Expert

People get upset about BOTS buying all the next gen consoles. 

This helps a lot to prevent that.  Someone on a BOT in California would have to drive to Mississippi to pick up their PS5.  (just an example)

This way an actual person who wants the console will get it.

I am not an employee of Best Buy. All opinions and comments are my own.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

I had the same experience today. It does not make any sense, if you add the item to your cart that you are not guaranteed the purchase after a reasonable amount of time to get the transaction completed.

If retailers are concerned about bots, why not add the additional measure to ensure the transaction is being done by a real-life person.

Totally agree on the shipping vs having to travel to pick up your purchase.
Valued Expert

You would have been guranteed if you were willing to go to the store with the unit and pick it up in person.

However, expecting an online retailer as big as Best Buy to have real life people online conducting transascitons would be a little unrealistic.  

I don't know that retailers are as concerned wtih BOTS as people who want consoles.  A sale is a sale is a sale. With less likely hood of a return as the end user would probably not get the console until after the return period. And would not be able to return it anyway as it would only be refunded to the BOTS credit card.

The real issue is Microsoft and Sony not being able to provide the consoles. 

Highlighted

I was willing to travel from NJ to NY to pick it up and the website wouldn't allow me complete the transaction.

On two separate instance it allowed me to add to the merchandise to the cart.  Both instance I could not complete the transaction at different locations.  Putting aside the inventory shortage that is a problem.

Valued Expert

Well that is odd. 

Valued Contributor

They probably have had to many problems with these types of items selling before the online inventory can update. With a ps5 they could have that many people already in the store buying them and not thru the registers yet.