Add Product

Search Results:

Nintendo Switch OLED Countdown

What happened with the Nintendo Switch OLED launch countdown page? Every item immediately switched from "Coming Soon" to "Sold Out" less than one second after the countdown reached zero. Either no stock was released in the first place, or your "improved" ordering system is still completely useless at stopping scalper bots. There should at *least* have been non-zero units of the bundles available, since they have never been available for preorder.

Also, can you clarify what the actual sales channel will be for these devices? I've seen screenshots of support agents claiming that OLED will only ever be a available online, and also screenshots of agents claiming there will be limited stock available in-store on Friday. So which is it!?

Re: Nintendo Switch OLED Countdown

I’d like to know this as well back when the PS5 came out I was on top of it 1000% ready and managed to place one in my cart and was removed???!!!

Guess what… Best Buy failed me again with the Switch OLED and the same thing happened a couple hours ago… Not only that I was REFRESHING on an iPhone 13 using only 5g on the BB app and Safari browser on standby, also had my brother on an iPad Pro and my younger brother on a M1 Mac… Both tablet and laptop with a 1Gb internet connection on our side… but no luck here

I really wish to get support over that issue because after finding success I felt like I was being robbed all over again…

For weeks I followed news about the PS5 and was victorious but it’s stressful, time consuming and wrong… I have many friends and family that also wanted that for their kids to secure Christmas but I guess Best Buy is acting like a Grinch and not really verifying those number of units or if they’re going to real people…

It’s disappointing to see resellers minutes later on Amazon or eBay reselling from $500 to $850 and one crazy person at $2000???

It’s sickening it really is… So thank you for stealing my Christmas a thousands of for others Best Buy I hope you happy!!!!
Valued Expert

Seems to be a recurring issue that people have this issue when using a mobile device and or Safari.

I got my PS5 on the first try using PC with Chrome Browser.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Forgot to mention my brother was on chrome and safari on the Mac. I don’t think you’re seeing the bigger picture here bob
Valued Expert

Was your brother logged in to BB using the same account on both browsers.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Valued Expert

I do see the bigger picture that people are blaming bots for everything.

I do not say that people with bots are getting devices.  But when I got my PS5, I was able to pay for mine and add a second to my cart and get to payment. 

The bigger cause is limited quantities and thousands of people trying to get them at the same time.

When I got my PS5 I had been subscribed to 5 twitter feeds to alert me. I actually had mine paid for before I got the first alert. 

With an actual countdown for the OLED there were probalby 20 to 100 x more real people than available quantities mashing their refresh button.  

That would result in all quantites being taking in seconds.   

> The bigger cause is limited quantities and thousands of people trying to get them at the same time.

That's what allows the problem happen in the first place, but it's not the problem. Everyone understands there's a worldwide silicon shortage, and that there is more demand than supply, so not everyone who wants a device will be able to get one immediately.

The problem is when retailers mislead their customers into thinking they somehow have more stock than their competitors. And then subsequently remaining silent when it's revealed thst they have just as little stock as everyone else.

A honest approach would have been to be up front about the scarcity. If they only have enough stock to fulfill preorders for the first few days, just tell people that.

In other words, I don't mind the fact that for every one console, there are 20 people who want it. I mind companies wasting my time by lying about that fact.

I pre-ordered back in July and they still haven't emailed me to say I can pick mine up

So something defnitely seems weird/misleading with the stock....

Same as Yusha. Ordered mine almost instantly when they first went live and the only two updates I've received are:

1) Customer Support - Rest assured I'm sure you'll get it soon, it's probably covid related.

2) Store Clerk - Don't know what to tell you *Shrugs shoulders*

Very aggravating.when there are several user pictures for reviews of this item already on your site.

I waited in line at my local Gamestop on the morning of launch day, but they only had one unit and I was 6th in line. I went to another and they had none. I went to Best Buy and they had none. Target had some but they were ringing up the last one for someone else when I arrived. On my way home I saw a Fred Meyer (kind of like Target but much more focus on grocery). "Hey Siri, does Fred Meyer sell videogames?" Sure enough they do. And when I walk in, they have at least a dozen units - both colors! Metroid, too! Very happy.