Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition - Shipping trashed the game

I'm sorry, but I'd be doing you a great disservice if I lied to you and told you that you've been helpful.

Is there any way to escalate this complaint? The issue has been recurrent, and this resolution is far from satisfactory (deal with the damage if you want to keep this hard-to-find collector's item, or go without it and get your money back).

I shop with Best Buy because I prefer Best Buy to most other video game and electronics retailers overall. I put my trust in Best Buy for this purchase for reasons that extend beyond rewards and discounts. It's horribly disappointing to have the same negative experience over and over again, and customers can only get burned so many times before they give up and shop elsewhere.

I'd personally like for the shipping and packing practices to improve, but they won't ever get better unless our complaints and feedback are escalated. I'm not confident that's the case here and want to be sure this shared experience is brought to the people in charge who can affect some kind of long-term change.

As it stands, the level of care put into handling and packing these items for shipment is nothing short of negligent.

So I guess our orders will be auto-cancelled tomorrow (28th). I spoke with a best buy employee in-store and she said that no information has been passed down to them regarding these orders. I asked her if best buy were going to offer an apology and she said probably notSmiley Happy 

So I guess its up to us to ask. What do you all think is a reasonable offer from Best Buy to keep your business? 25%.........50% off the standard edition of Link's Awakening? 

@CripplerJones they seem not to care as they gave us a copy/paste response that basically said "you can keep it in the unsatisfactory condition that we gave it to you in". It also seems that our comments weren't actually read. For example; I did mention the less than courteous behavior by the customer service employee that I spoke to however, the response makes no mention of that.

@spicoli420, That is also something that has happened to me on multiple occasions. Best Buy has a lot of things they need to work on and unfortunatly it seems like they're not making an effort. It's best to find the retailer that fulfills your needs and gets it right the first time, not one that makes a mistake time and time again and just wants you to pay them and expects you to deal with it. I've been a customer of Best Buy for 2 decades and have poured so much money into this company only for them to disappoint me time and time again.

@CripplerJones wrote:

Amazon.co.jp is a different story. They do a decent job of packing things and put more care into preparing items for shipment. However, you'll probably only be interested in buying from them if you dig imports.

I take it back. Amazon.co.jp is awful too. Ordered a Japanese copy of the Dreamer Edition and it, too, was shipped in a bubble mailer. Another disappointment. Can't win!

There are a few other retailers that do a better job.
One in particular based in Hong Kong however (I just recently discovered this gem), you can get Japanese and European imports from them as well as the physical edition of "I am Setsuna" with the cover title written in English.
I have also been able to get amiibos that were sold out here in North America and other region exclusive items.
All packed in a sturdy box and in pristine condition.
I actually just placed a order with them, $300 of goods and only $17 shipping to the United States.
They carry some playasia.com exclusives as well.

Called at received 10% off my next purchase..........hmmm

Yeah, not a very appealing resolution. I'd still love to know how I can escalate my complaint and put it in front of someone who can facilitate a change and actually make a difference. Buying online shouldn't be such a gamble.

My Copy and ALL of my friends Dereamer Edition copies came in a bubble mailer. We are all located in NYC area so its a issue with BestBuy's shipping hub. They need to either train their shipping employees or start hiring new ones. I had the same issue with other LE games and Amiibos back in the days.