Add Product

Search Results:

Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition - Shipping trashed the game

I preordered Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition the moment it was announced. I get the game today in a bubble mailer. The box is trashed. It was crushed to death. This edition is now sold out everywhere and I'm stuck with a terrible copy.

Funny enough, the Amiibo I ordered the same time, came separately in boxes. Those arrived no problem.

This is extremely unsatisfactory. I thought Best Buy moved beyond shipping collector's editions of games in bubble mailers. I had the same exact issue with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 SE a while back.

Highlighted

Re: Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition - Shipping trashed the game

Mine came in a box but with no padding, so the corners are banged up. It's also got a gash in the side from a box cutter. I'm seriously baffled by how little Best Buy warehouse employees seem to care about these sorts of things. They're almost as bad as Amazon.

Then again, if you've ever gone to a store and seen a $100 collector's edition game spider-wrapped, this really shouldn't be all that surprising.

I've been trying to talk to customer service about an exchange, but the only thing they've been able to suggest is returning it. This wouldn't have been a problem if they'd put at least 10 seconds of thought into how it was packed for shipment.

So disappointed. Sorry to hear you're having an equally rough experience. Smiley Sad

Collector Edition Games Packed Poorly For Shipment

I received my Link's Awakening Dreamer's Edition today. I was among the fortunate few to have their game shipped in a box instead of a bubble mailer. However, other than a couple air packets, there was nothing to protect the game inside the box. Needless to say, the corners are banged up, and my new game no longer looks quite as new as it should.

Even more suprising is the gash along the side from what I can only assume to have been a box cutter. I was just about to come to terms with the fact that I wouldn't be able to exchange the game for another copy (it's sold out) when I noticed the additional damage.

I've seen a lot of other customers posting similar complaints about the condition of their games due to negligent shipping practices. It's honestly really frustrating and, once my GCU expires, may be enough to motivate me to shift my purchases to another retailer who can get me my games in the same condition they left the factory.

This is far from the first time this has happened, and I'm baffled that nothing has been done to correct it. A little bubble wrap goes a long way.

Is there any way to escalate my complaint? I really just want these poor shipping practices to change, though I doubt they will. Smiley Sad

Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition Damaged Box at Store Pick up

I am very frustrated as always from picking up limited edition at best buy. I just picked the link's awakening dreamer edition and the box had a huge crease on the side. Im not sure why they employees just toss them around like they dont care. Now i cannot get a replacement because they are sold out everywhere. I am demanding for compensation for this issue.

Re: Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition Damaged Box at Store Pick up

Hey at least you got oneSmiley Wink

I received my Zelda Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition crushed

I received my Zelda Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition crushed. I brought it to my local Best Buy store yesterday to ask to exchange it and they informed me that they didn't have any in stock. I called customer service today and they stated that they didn't have any in stock either. The person I was on the phone with was also unprofessional and would put down the phone without informing me that I was going to be put on hold and I could hear her complaining about me to someone else. I was not given a supervisor when I requested one.

Re: I received my Zelda Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition crushed

Having the same issue as well too.

Re: I received my Zelda Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition crushed

This has been an ongoing pattern for years now. Why ship special editions that will not restock in a bag instead of a box like all the other retailers do? They don't really seem to care about our complaints either.

Re: Collector Edition Games Packed Poorly For Shipment

This happened to me as well and to make matters worse the customer service agent was extremely rude when I called to report it.

Re: Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition - Shipping trashed the game

Mine was crushed as well and to make matters worse, the woman on the phone at customer service literally put down the phone mid conversation to talk trash about me to her colleague as I could still hear her.