Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Valued Member

"Get it by June 19th." Now it's delayed at the last moment. Where is my compensation?

It seems that lots of us had our fears confirmed when there was absolutely no update on the shipping or tracking number provided by Best Buy for 'The Last of Us Part II'.

Message kept saying it's due to arrive on June 19th. Then changed to 'Arriving tomorrow'.  And now it's delayed.  

We customers have our choice or retailers.  Best Buy has FAILED to deliver on their claim of the delivery date of a HIGHLY ANTICIPATED exclusive release title of all year.  This failure is unacceptable; as we all now have to endure a delay, and of course -- all while trying to avoid spoilers leaking, ruining the game for us.

Some due compensation seems the very least that Best Buy can do, to make up for this bungled mess.  I will do the favor of suggesting a 50% credit applied to the order, for the delay.  I can provide my order info through a Private Message.

Highlighted

Re: "Get it by June 19th." Now it's delayed at the last moment. Where is my compensation?

Completely agree
Highlighted

Re: "Get it by June 19th." Now it's delayed at the last moment. Where is my compensation?

I personally don’t know that 50% of a credit is very reasonable in this situation. Once a package is with a shipper the company shipping it to you doesn’t have a whole lot of control over it and a lot of factors can feed into that delay that have nothing to do with Best Buy. They also don’t guarantee that the game will arrive on release date, they only say they try to have it to you by then. I understand being upset about not receiving the game but I doubt that a 50% credit will happen. Maybe something like 10% or even 20% but I feel like you’d be lucky to get that.
Highlighted

If that’s the case where was our warning that there was a chance it will be delayed? Not a email, phone call, text, nothing. Just pure silence on there end.

And Best Buy doesn’t have to give us anything, but best believe I’ll give my business to someone else. Win Win.
Highlighted

This is most likely a case where they did not order enough to be shipped from their depot, it has nothing to do with the "shipper". If it did you would have a tracking number for UPS, Fed Ex, or whoever except if shipped by USPS and then they wouldn't have much of a clue if it was delayed or not. Stop defending Best Buy on this one this sits with them as the problem not a 3rd party company.
Highlighted

Mine is now delayed, UPS says it's because they haven't received the package meaning wherever the label was created didn't actually give it to UPS.

I have been charged and I have a shipping number.  

This is beyond frustrating - I'm having to buy the game a second time because of Best Buy not properly communicating with customers.

This will likely be my last preorder from Best Buy until they can fix their sales systems/applications and policies.

Highlighted

Re: Last of Us 2 preorder not shipped

Sorry Drum, but if it was the carrier's fault we would have a tracking number for the order, those are generated even if an item is delayed. If they used the USPS for delivery then it should arrive on time unless they dropped the ball. Over the last Month i've had two Ecobee thermostats, 1 Nest Hello, and a few odds and ends delivered without any issue within 2 days. I've had numerous other items from other sites delivered without issue within their 2 day window. Covid-19 excuses have got to stop.
Highlighted

Just woke up to:

"We're sorry, we're working on getting it to you soon. If we can't ship it by Fri, June 26, we'll let you know and cancel the order." That isnt "close to" thats a full week. And I cant even cancel it now "because we are working on it now" What a load. This would hurt less if I didnt call, and chat with 3 different people ASSURING me that there were absolutely no issues, and I would get my product today. Not using this store again.

Highlighted

Literally the same thing happened to me Chris. Talked to not one but TWO people who work for Best Buy assuring me I’ll get my package but now it’s telling me I’ll be getting it next week.

I will allow for a mistake but not liars. This company needs to vanish, SIMPLE!
Highlighted
Recognized Member

@Justchris Yeah that's a little out of a reasonable window IMO. If I were you, I'd just go buy the game somewhere else today, unless you're waiting for a special edition that no one has. I don't know what else to tell youSmiley Sad 

BTW, I got an email today saying now my order is coming sooner than expected, and it's out for delivery now. I ordered the standard edition.