Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Last of Us 2 preorder not shipped

@drumn_bass got an email but unlike yours it says the by the 26th, should I just wait for the chance it will be delivered today or just take my chances else where. Didn’t know other people got a recent email about recent shipments
Highlighted

That is the message everyone got that was delayed and the problem with buying it at another store is that we all got charged so some people may not be able to buy spend another 60+ bucks and wait 2 weeks to get a refund.

Highlighted
Recognized Member

@rspatt "I will allow for a mistake but not liars. This company needs to vanish, SIMPLE!"

To be fair (not making an excuse, but...), we don't know if they lied. They might have thought they would have them, but somehow the shipment to them got delayed. If they had products in stock, they would have shipped them. Since they're estimating another week, it sounds to me like they were expecting them to arrive at the warehouse and for some reason they didn't (special editions I assume). It's probably on the publisher. Sony and Naughty Dog and trying to show Bethesda how it's done now... 

Highlighted

If the stores were out of stock, in store pickups being delayed (so far not seen anything saying they are) then maybe the publisher.  I do not agree with the Company needs to vanish, I love Best buy but their ability to handle media orders is horrendous and always has been.

Highlighted
Recognized Member

@rspatt 

I don't know if I want to recommend buying it at another store, that's what I would do if it was being delayed by more than a day or two, but I realize it's not the best option for many people, especially if you guys are waiting on a special edition. 

Highlighted
Recognized Member

@Garlin1 

I have a feeling that most stores would have plenty of physical copies of standard edition today, heck, digital is always in stock, available right now. It sounds like special editions are being delayed. Maybe there were more orders for those than Sony anticipated. The last few months were kind of weird for them. 

Highlighted

I Pre-ordered here specifically beause of the Special Edition. And now I cant shake the feeling that this is the message that I got not because of a shipping delay, but just because they dont have them. I have no way of knowing that they do/did. As of 12 hours ago the entire staff of Best Buy and their mothers told me it would be arriving today. So how can I know whats really going on with the order? If its true that they dont, then I have to wait a whole week before I am able to cancel my order and thats really unprofessional.

Highlighted
Recognized Member

@Justchris 

Yeah, they're definitely shipping what they have. My standard edition copy is out for delivery by FedEx right now. So if it hasn't shipped, they don't have it at the warehouseSmiley Sad 

Highlighted

I think everyone complaining in this thread, unless I missed it, are about standard edition. Mine is standard and delayed. I worked for Best Buy in the past, I was part of their Portable Electronics team who helped launch the massive Best Buy gaming initiative, and while their practices have surely changed some, I have a fairly good idea how their orders and delivery work.

I've not seen this an issue with other people, my friends who ordered from Gamestop and Amazon all got their delivery notice for today. Sony knows this is a massive game that will sell and with COVID I am sure they are aware they need to make sure this game does just that. It will help them push media and system sells, I just don't see them dropping the ball, not saying it isn't possible, but they know what they are up against.
Highlighted

That's my situation right now. I preordered a Special Edition, and received and email this morning stating it was delayed and could be as long as June 26th before I receive it, and that if not, it'll be refunded. I checked my bank statement and I've been charged. I tried to call support, but I guess it's outside of their business hours.

I would simply like some peace of mind -- a little more than "we'll try, and if not, here's your money." Some sort of status update; a reason; clarification. I'm in the dark here wondering what the hell is going on with my order and Best Buy is not following through on the "support" aspect of all of this.

I went ahead and purchased the digital deluxe (downloading now), because I refuse to waste a weekend I had used vacation time for months ago specifically to experience this game.