03-15-2019 09:13 AM
Hopefully this gets resolved sooner than later. Unfortunatley I used one of my $25 best buy certificates and if I cancel I was told I cant get the certificate back.
If I could cancel and just get it faster using Amazon I would, but I have to grin and bear it. Hopefully it gets resolved before I leave work so I can download it and its ready when I get home.
I think Best Buy should compensate use with a best buy gift certificate, coupon or something. Amazon does this all the time if they cant keep their promise.
I remember they had an issue with a collectors edition of Destiny 1 and Gears 4. They sent me a full refund for destiny 1 AND let me keep the shipment anyways. They also sent me a digital code for Gears 4 since the shipment was super late.
03-15-2019 09:20 AM
Maverickneo – not that I would want to encourage you to cancel your order, but that information is incorrect. If you were to cancel your order, it should generally take up to three days for a non-bonus certificates point value to repost to your reward account following a return or cancellation.
|Bill|Senior Social Media Specialist | Best Buy® Corporate|
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
03-15-2019 09:25 AM
At this point I would even take a 20% off your next purchase or video game purchase. Anything, SOMETHING for this. The digital code should have been available for pre download and at the very least, at midnight but none of those have happened. Come on best buy, come through with this. Im an elite plus member and this is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
(excuse my previous spelling errors, Im using a phone)
03-15-2019 09:28 AM
Posted this in the other thread but figured I'd share it here too:
I pre-ordered mine on the 7th of March, no download code in my inbox as of 9:20 AM this morning. I chatted online with BB about an hour ago, they could see my order but they urged me to call the 888 # for a resolution. I called, got a guy who immediately stated "we're having difficulties with our system, please call back in one hour"...*CLICK*. He hung up on me! Jumped on the chat again, got another person who couldn't give me an answer but did say "I have good news, my supervisor gave me another option for this...call this number with this case ID XXXXXXX". I called and got someone who stumbled furiously with their words and basically said "sit and wait" and that they didn't get their codes from the publisher yet. No "other option", no "good news". How could the largest electronics retailer NOT have received these codes yet??? How is this ANY incentive to keep ANY of my business here if I'm told to "wait" on a game that should have already been installed at this point?
I agree with what others are posting. There should be some sort of "thanks for waiting, here's a bonus" or "we're upgrading your preorder as a result of the mistake". If I don't have the code by the time I get out of work at 2 today I'm going to cancel and just grab it from my Xbox.