Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake Early Launch

I guess I'll have to wait and see...My store just emailed me back and said...

"As of right now, we are not participating in the early release and only fulfilling these orders on 4/10.  However, that is subject to change, but as of right now, we are only fulfilling these orders on 4/10.

Thanks,
Sean"

Fun Fun
Highlighted

Same issue with mine as well has been saying Saturday April the 11th for my deluxe edition for the last week now. Hopping it's just an error 

Highlighted

Re: FF7 Remake shipping

yeah i went to get RE3 and my bestbuy and it was closed . i even called them the day before to make sure everything was going to be open and of course they lied to me . the store was closed, there were 4 other people sitting in their cars at the door.
Highlighted

Hey guys, employee here too. Want to try and ease some fears here if I can.

The early release for new games is company wide, there isn't a some stores option. If you have it pre-ordered and it arrived on time (our stores entire box of pre-orders has been sitting waiting for a few days but every stores shipments are different, wish we could have released earlier but can't due to agreements with Square Enix)

Some stores/managers may not know or may not have viewed their focus task saying that ff7 remake is part of the 3pm-6pm early release program on Thursday but that doesn't change the fact that its an option company wide.

I'm not 100% sure if you'll get the email that its ready for curbside pickup or not on Thursday but if they have you order with your name on it they will be able to ring it out on Thursday. I would suggest getting to the store as close to 3 as possible. While my store is one of the greatest in the company I know some stores may not be, and if they give you any issue feel free to contact 1-888-BestBuy and talk to a customer service agent and have them contact your store to inform them that they're wrong and that there is an early release option for ff7.

I'm just as excited as the rest of you my birthday is even on Thursday so its a pretty awesome bday surprise! If you have other questions post them but I promise only a very small few of you should even have an issue getting your game on Thursday!
Highlighted

We need more info and clarification. I've called 4 local stores in the San Diego county area: Mira Mesa, Mission Valley, Carmel Mountain, and San Marcos. All of them said they don't know about this early release event or the store managers are saying they aren't participating in the event.

Is the decision really made by a specific store manager and they have the option to ignore what Best Buy corporate is telling them to do by email or conference call?

Highlighted

While most things within a store are "at managers discretion" those things typically involve safety or customer satisfaction. It would make absolutely no sense for a manager to say they're not participating in the early release that is company wide unless their store closes prior to 3pm (which I don't know of any that do.) 

The company goal is customer satisfaction and taking care of everyone during these times whether it's classroom essentials or video games to pass the time safely. If there's a store manager that says they're not willing to do the early launch and they're open between 3pm-6pm I would most certainly go above them and contact corporate via 1-888-BestBuy and let someone know to reach out to that stores General Manager. Someone with the attitude that they're not going to participate is probably someone that doesn't need to be running one of our stores (my opinion.)

Highlighted

Same here, i am in sacramento and all 3 stores told me they are not doing it and that they are only selling the game on april 10th, i called the 1888 number and a geeksquad member told me it was going to cehck it out and give me a call tomorrow, should i still show up at my store in elk grove on thursday at 3pm to pick up my game? if not then digital it is

Highlighted

Unfortunatley I don't have the pull to make something happen myself with a store that's not my own. But the item will literally be available for purchase even for people just pulling up to do a curbside purchase. Now some things may be different for California and New York areas, I can't speak completely for the different rules of different states, this is a crazy time where somethings may possibly not apply to certain areas or stores, but from what I've seen the early release program should still be active for any stores open at that time.

Highlighted

are the stores not getting the info from corporation?

Highlighted

Best buy 1888 number told me the same thing they have not heard of any early release for april 9th