Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake Early Launch

Walmart isn't doing an early release, Gamestop is closed, Amazon is delivering release day, and as far as we know some stores are going to honor early release and some apparently may not, again I'll try to get some new info tomorrow to clarify, and if we can't get any good intel by all means any customer is always welcome to return their product and purchase digitally. 

BestBuy isn't making a blatent decision to hurt or disappoint customers, again it's very likely Square Enix has requested that no one release the game early, it's happened before from other developement companies because they feel it unfair. 

Customers are welcome to purchase anywhere obviously that's the freedom of choice, but throwing shade in the forums isn't necessary and it's not going to change anything. We're the only store giving every reward member (which is a free program to anyone) $10 towards their next game or other BestBuy purchase and we're typically the only store that does an early release for video games prior to the midnight releases you'd normally get at Walmart and Gamestop. 

No one predicted a pandemic that would change everything and the way we have to do business to protect our employees and customers. I'll find something out one way or another tomorrow and get back to you guys if the forum admins don't. Either way we're only about 24 hours away!

Highlighted

regardless never doing a pre order at best buy ever again

Highlighted

Cool beans.

Highlighted

glad to know lots of people will cancel their pre orders for sure if they dont honor the early release thats for sure

Highlighted

Unfortunately that's just part of the business, the game is sold out physically almost everywhere so if people cancel someone else will just buy it. Unforseen issues arise with almost everything, most of which are uncontrollable and again the company isn't doing anything to hurt or disappoint anyone.

I do hope things go positively for everyone and that everyone gets to pick up their game tomorrow if possible, and if you cancel I hope the download goes smooth or that you locate a copy at another store on Friday. Plus side is that if you're going digital deluxe you get the Carbuncle DLC cause that's apparently exclusive to the digital deluxe and the 1st class editions.

Highlighted

the company isn't doing anything to hurt or disappoint anyone??? what do you call this? and no one cares about physical copys because people want to play the game now, come to reddit and see how many people is ready to cancel their pre order to go digitial, physical copies will be everywhere in a few weeks

Highlighted
Recognized Member

I hope my post didn't come off as bashing best buy. I've been treated better by them than any other retailer over the years. For me, being 30 miles from them, it's just not worth the drive if it isn't on Thursday. The only frustrating thing is that I would have just let it ship to me directly if I had known there were gonna be issues, which the forum admins led us to believe wouldn't be the case.
Highlighted

I’ve been trying to figure out if NYC is getting this by the release date. I’ve been checking all store hours but literally it says CLOSED on every NYC store! I preordered this hoping I can get DAY ONE! I know that we are under difficult circumstances right now but Best Buy has not been showing customer service! Every time I called to find out they literally direct me to another person then I have to wait then and that person direct me to another person instead of giving me a clear and concise answer! Hopefully someone can give me a clear direction in this forum
Highlighted

I briefly mentioned it in prior posts and you may not have seen, and I know a lot of people don't know the ins and outs of retail business. But most items have a street date, and if that street date is broken the companies typically get fined for breaking said street date. The fine for breaking street date can be anywhere between $1,000 and $100,000 PER copy of the game that's released earlier than the street date.

It's up to the developer to give the go ahead for an early release, so to answer the question, No. BestBuy is not making a blatant decision to hurt or disappoint anyone, in the end it's not up to BestBuy. And right now, no one knows the reasoning behind the early release calendar being pulled from BestBuy.com. Maybe we anticipated a yes, and Square Enix said no. Maybe Square Enix said yes, then other retailers complained to the company and they retracted their go ahead out of fairness for the other retailers that couldn't do an early release.

Highlighted

then why is it so hard to get a straight from best buy? they either do it or dont just let the people know, is that so hard?