Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake Early Launch

Danforth you're fine, everyone's fine I get the frustration from all sides, believe me I want to play it on the 9th too that's literally my birthday haha!

A lot of people just don't understand that there's no magic button to press and make it ok for BestBuy to release the game early and as I just posted, BB may have had the go ahead and it may have been retracted. Or maybe BB assumed we'd be able to release early because Square let us release Tomb Raider early so they thought they'd let us release FF early and maybe we thought wrong. I'll give what updates I can tomorrow, again either way we're like 24 hours away for those going digital and around 34 hours away for those that have to wait until open to get their physical!

I’m not even worried about an early release just want to know if stores in NYC will be open on the 10th for curbside pickup if this was already preordered!

Von that I can't answer I don't have a direct line to the powers that be, and as great as our company is at a lot of things sometimes communication isn't always the best. Sometimes it's flawless and we know everything in a timely manner, sometimes we find out last minute and never get an explanation for why or how.

Right now I know the company is more worried about the safety of employees and customers and changing and updating the way we're doing things across the nation so unfortunately as important as the release of this game is to some of us, it's not as important as the safety, security, and health of all of us.

Slvck do you know if your stores have been open lately or are you guys on a full lock down right now? I know BestBuy has been deemed essential due to school and work necessities and appliances for customers and such but I don't know New Yorks situation fully.

From some quick research it's not looking good, it seems every store in New York City is very likely shut down until further notice. It looks like any store orders need to be converted to ship to homes in order to get the game. Again I'm not sure of the situation in New York so much, but it looks like they're still fulfilling orders to home, just nothing at the store. So again, it does not look like you'll be able to do Curbside pickup in New York City due to the lock down. Every store seems to show closed at least another week or so going forward due to the outbreak.

Hi Chaos, have you heard anything like that for California best buy stores? Hearing that about NY is making me reconsider my curb-side order and opt for delivery if need be. Thanks for understanding our frustrations, and I sincerely hope you do not take any of the frustrations we voiced personally!

So for Thursday nothings currently changed if were expecting to pick it up?

sacramento ca is not doing it but i heard orange county california is doing it

Izic7, google your store and look for the bestbuy.com link for that store and see what their hours say. All of the New York stores say "closed" but like my local store says 10-6 like they've been operating that should give you a heads up on whether your store will be open or not. 

Help, the last communication in this forum by an admin that got posted was that there would be early release, but the original posting on bby.com got taken down and there hasn't been an update for a few days so right now it's uncertain. I hope we're still able to pickup Thursday but I don't have enough information to say one way or the other at this point.

I'll chime in here. Just a customer. I called/emailed a good number of stores in Los Angeles - most of them just didn't respond to my email, and most the ones I called said flat out "no".

However, there is one store in the area whose manager confirmed that they are honoring the pre-release through e-mail, so hopefully that is still valid.